We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stupid Question - Domestic to International

Michigan USA
Level Contributor
748 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Stupid Question - Domestic to International

My apologies in advance!

I posted several months ago about only having 55 minutes to get from our Domestic arrival to our International departure and was fairly reassured that we should be able to make it happen. (GRR to ATL to SJO)

My question is....................will we have to go thru Security again? Meaning, will we have to pull all our liquid, electronics, etc out of our carry ons (we are not checking any bags, only have carry ons) again to send thru xray in addition to having to go thru Customs?

I'm not sure what all is required when we go through Customs.

Only 48 hours to go!!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,590 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stupid Question - Domestic to International

Nope, you won't have to go through security again going from domestic to international. Just go from your gate to the train to your next gate.

If you connect again on your return trip, though, you will have to go through security.

Have a good trip.

2. Re: Stupid Question - Domestic to International

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 09, 2014