We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need hotel suggestions!

Rochester, Minnesota
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need hotel suggestions!

We're flying into Atl from MN Dec 13-16 for a wedding and one thing most really want to do is tour CNN while there. We don't plan to get a car as family will pick us up for wedding events. Is a Marta station (for our trip to/from airport) nearby CNN and also near a hotel nearby someone could recommend? Should we stay real close to CNN or is there a more interesting option, say midtown, near the Marta to get to CNN easily on Friday morning and the airport on Sunday? Most family is thinking they'd like to stay within walking distance to CNN and Marta.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,670 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need hotel suggestions!

CNN is next door to the MARTA station. For complete MARTA info, look at www.itsmarta.com. The Omni hotel is also on the same block. The Embassy Suites and W Downtown are on the other side of Centennial Olympic Park. Many hotels in the Midtown area are also within easy distance of MARTA. Also, check the " Should I stay in Downtown, Midtown, or Buckhead?" topic on the upper right of the page.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,471 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need hotel suggestions!

Yes, there is a MARTA station at CNN Center (same stop for Omni, Phillips Arena, GA Dome, Aquarium). See www.itsmarta.com

As for where to stay, I'd choose midtown. See the discussion of the neighborhoods in the Top Questions on the right. There are too many hotels to recommend a particular one without having more details. Just run a search somewhere like Kayak, Expedia, and see what you like withing your price range, then come back to TA to check the reviews.

Also, you can use Google Maps to determine how far any location is from a MARTA station.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
3 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need hotel suggestions!

Ritz Carlton downtown is nice and walking distance to CNN, MARTA, etc. in fact ask for a room with view over to CNN!

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need hotel suggestions!

I would also check to see if your hotel has an indoor pool before booking, many in Atlanta do not. It is nice to have one for a rainy day or at night before bed-time if you are a swimmer or like hot-tubs. If you use Marta, most downtown and midtown hotels are going to be close to a Marta Station.

Rochester, Minnesota
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Need hotel suggestions!

Thanks much for all your input!! I'm much more comfortable now with our plans, we're staying midtown and transportation looks like a snap!

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
3 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need hotel suggestions!

Buckhead Ritz pool indoors. Go online for downtown Ritz. I'm not certain. However, I'd stay nicer place versus lower quality just for pool. Do believe Lowes has an indoor pool

7. Re: Need hotel suggestions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, December 17, 2013