We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Ellis or the Georgia Terrace? Breakfast close-by?

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
The Ellis or the Georgia Terrace? Breakfast close-by?

Thanks so much for everyone's help previously concerning history related restaurants! Now I'm trying to decide where to stay for one of the nights and I've found pretty good prices on Expedia for both The Ellis and the Georgian Terrace Hotel. At first I was leaning towards the Georgian Terrace because it is historic but The Ellis has a much higher rating on TripAdvisor.

They're both pretty close to Chicken and Waffles so I think we'll go there for dinner that night but is there anywhere close by for a good breakfast? Thanks again!

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The Ellis or the Georgia Terrace? Breakfast close-by?

+1 on einsteins,esp if you can sit outside -- make a res

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,438 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: The Ellis or the Georgia Terrace? Breakfast close-by?

My take on Einstein's is that it's great for people watching and has a lovely patio, but the food is just OK. We used to go for brunch there when I lived around the corner because of the amazing bloody mary bar, but the food has never been on par with, say, Empire State South.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,802 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: The Ellis or the Georgia Terrace? Breakfast close-by?

IMO brunch at Einstein's is very good and OpenTable agrees. They list it as one of the best 100 brunches in America. IMO the patio dining is far more pleasant that the West Egg, although I do agree the the West Egg offers a good breakfast and even better cupcakes. It's just loud and industrial while relaxing on the patio at Einstein's (or eating inside) is a much nicer environment. Just a different perspective.

Edited: 4:59 pm, September 27, 2012
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: The Ellis or the Georgia Terrace? Breakfast close-by?

You guys have given me so much to research and think about--I really appreciate it! I'll definitely write reviews when it's all over. If anyone else has any thoughts I'd love to hear them! Thanks again :)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: The Ellis or the Georgia Terrace? Breakfast close-by?

Oh and yes, this is for a weekend trip :)

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,802 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: The Ellis or the Georgia Terrace? Breakfast close-by?

Well, both are historic - although the Ellis' hotel is decidedly more morbid. The Georgian Terrace is a lot closer to your chicken and waffles. I drive past on the way to church every Sunday and see the folks lined out in front, waiting for it to open. Mary Mac's is close to the GT as well. The tour of the Fox is very nice.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: The Ellis or the Georgia Terrace? Breakfast close-by?

Do you mean The Ellis is more modern?

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,802 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: The Ellis or the Georgia Terrace? Breakfast close-by?

No, I meant the history of the Ellis is more morbid.

19. Re: The Ellis or the Georgia Terrace? Breakfast close-by?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, December 14, 2013