We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the average temps for late Aug?

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
OKC
Level Contributor
395 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
What is the average temps for late Aug?

We're from Okla where we are having recording breaking temps right now. 113 just a few days ago. But we are going to be visiting our daughter in Cumming, GA at the end of Aug and was hoping this area doesn't have the same kind of temps.

What can we expect at the end of Aug, early Sept?

THANK YOU!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,324 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the average temps for late Aug?

You can look that up on weather.com or weatherunderground.com. Right now, it's much more moderate than the temps you cite.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,099 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the average temps for late Aug?

A lot of the country has been having those record breaking temps. Obviously it depends on weather systems. Today is cooler with temps in the low 80s. Temps could be in the 80s-90s during those weeks. It really doesn't start cooling off here until mid-Oct or later.

Ga
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the average temps for late Aug?

I agree 80s/90s

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
672 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the average temps for late Aug?

It won't be as hot as it is where you live, but it will certainly be humid. Expect lows in the lower 80's at night (if you get lucky, it may dip into the high 70's), and high's somewhere in the 90's.

OKC
Level Contributor
395 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the average temps for late Aug?

Thanks everyone for your replies. I know about the weather.com and weatherunderground.com, but sometimes their not all that accurate. That is why I like to hear from those that live there and know how it's been in the past at this time of the year. My daughter just moved there so she wasn't sure.

It is good to know that chances are it won't be this record high temps! :-)

THANK YOU!

6. Re: What is the average temps for late Aug?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, August 21, 2013