We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What things to wear in Atlanta in mid-September to mid-Novem

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wichita, Kansas
2 posts
Save Topic
What things to wear in Atlanta in mid-September to mid-Novem

Just have one suitcase and need to know if I take long sleeves and pants, or some shorter pants and short-sleeved tops, and/or sweaters or jackets? Would appreciate a reply. Thank you.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What things to wear in Atlanta in mid-September to mid-Novem

Lightweight long sleeves would do the trick. Daytime temps mid-80s tapering to mid 60s, nighttime 60s to mid 40s. You definitely want to have a jacket and an umbrella.

ATL
Level Contributor
225 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What things to wear in Atlanta in mid-September to mid-Novem

Mid September will most likely still be very warm. Look range (90 day out) forecast is for above average temperatures. My kids wear shorts to school through September, though a lot depends on what you will be doing during the day.

Wichita, Kansas
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What things to wear in Atlanta in mid-September to mid-Novem

Thanks so much, friends. Looks like I will take a little of both....short and long, and of course a jacket.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
674 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What things to wear in Atlanta in mid-September to mid-Novem

I've never put my sandals away before November, but layers are your friend in Atlanta at that time of the year. It can be anything from Indian Summer to crisp Autumn. Plan on a jacket at night. You definitely won't need a heavy coat unless there is a freak cold snap. Last year, November was colder than December...

5. Re: What things to wear in Atlanta in mid-September to mid-Novem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 22, 2013