We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta Nightlife

Level Contributor
11 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Atlanta Nightlife

First time to ATL and wondering where to find a 30 and up crowd, jazz club/bar, relaxed atmosphere

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,070 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta Nightlife

Blind Willie's in the Virginia Highlands is a good choice. The neighborhood has dozens of bars and restaurants, and is perfect for wandering around and checking out new places. Va-Hi is very casual, with a 30's crowd, and far more relaxed than the club scene in other parts of town. Blind Willie's is frequently rated the top jazz club in town, so you would probably get to hear some good music as well.

Mentioned in this post
Blind Willie's
Blind Willie's
43 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Highlands
Highlands
North Carolina Mountains, NC
Atlanta, GA
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlanta Nightlife

Churchill Grounds is conveniently located next to the Fox Theatre in Midtown Atlanta, and is a popular destination before and after the big show at the Fox. They offer great live jazz in an intimate atmosphere. I was not a jazz fan until I went here, and it blew me away.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
miami, fl
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlanta Nightlife

Blind Willies is a Blues place, not jazz, and as a Blues place, it is one of the best in the country

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,070 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlanta Nightlife

I stand corrected.

Level Contributor
11 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlanta Nightlife

Thanks for the suggestions, the Blues club is an added bonus.