We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dunwoody MARTA station & Homestead Suites, 1050 Hammond...

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Topic
Dunwoody MARTA station & Homestead Suites, 1050 Hammond...

I could be staying at the Homestead Suites Permiter, on 1050 Hammond DR NE. It's behind a Publix, I'm told.

I've found the hotel on maps.google,but I can't determine where the MARTA stop station is. Can someone give this the nearest cross street, on Hammond, where the MARTA station is?

I plan to walk to & from the MARTA station to the HOmestead. I just want an idea how far it is, so I'll know how long it will take me to walk there?

thanks

Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Dunwoody MARTA station & Homestead Suites, 1050 Hammond...

thanks again. Again this is helpful info.

JAtlanta you Posted on: Mar 01, 2006

There is no specific cab stand nearby.

I would suspect cabs will line up outside Earthlink after the concert.

I guess I could have been more specific. Is there only one area for cabs to wait after an event, or are there several streets?

Also should I ask the driver, before I leave what the cost will be, before I take it?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,377 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dunwoody MARTA station & Homestead Suites, 1050 Hammond...

I don't know how to answer your question beyond what I've already stated. I think someone else suggested taking the number of some taxi companies with you and calling a taxi after the show if you don't see them lined up outside the theater. That's a good suggestion.

For a metered fare, I doubt a cab driver is going to know precisely how many miles between departure and arrival points. There's nothing to prevent you from askign though.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,377 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Dunwoody MARTA station & Homestead Suites, 1050 Hammond...

I'm sorry if that came off harsh. It wasn't my intention. What I meant to say is that I don't know any more than what I've already said, so I guess I've given you all the taxi information that I have. Earthlink is a small theater with one main entrance and exit, and it's not is an extremely busy area. When you leave the theater it should be pretty evident where the taxis are lining up.

Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Dunwoody MARTA station & Homestead Suites, 1050 Hammond...

JA thanks. You didn't come off harsh.

I could have explained by need better.

Now that I know there's only one exit,

as you said, it will be obvious where

the cabs are. Venues in some cities

are larger and a cabs can only pick up

in certain spots.

Thanks for everyones help. I feel like I can get around Atlanta and have a comfortable place to stay, based on info I got on this site.

Liz