We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Dinner - Atlanta

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
12 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Dinner - Atlanta

I will be visiting Atlanta this weekend (Jan 19-21) and would love to have a romantic evening with my spouse! Quite table, unobtrusive service and good food. We are staying in the Perimeter Mall area. Any suggestions for the perfect restaurant? Or 2??

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,471 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Dinner - Atlanta

Some ideas for places that are more intimate: Miller Union, Woodfire Grill, Restaurant Eugene, Antica Posta, Atmosphere, Aria, La Tavola, Bones (has private dining alcoves).

Perhaps you can look at the restaurant websites and yelp reviews to see which suit you best.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,185 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Dinner - Atlanta

Nearby Perimeter is LaGrotta in the Crown Plaza--- very quiet, large chairs/tables, window overlooking Japanese gardens--excellent Italian. My fav Romantic place is Nikolais roof--its small, like 12 tables, overooks the city from the top of the Hilton Hotel--Russian theme food and a very good prix fixe dinner.Id offer McKendricks near perimeter, but as wtih most steak places it can be noisy--Sats are quiet since its mostly a business dinner deal during the weekI was just there last Sat and it was terrific as usual--if you go there ask for a banquet table in the back, and ask for Taco as your waiter

as to pricing, MCk would be highest--if you drink wine, get the 12 oz or lobster-itll be 200 with tip. Nik is lower at 160--unless you get caviar!! LaGrotta would be 100

Edited: 8:40 am, January 17, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
12 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Dinner - Atlanta

THANKS so very much. I will check yelp for each of these. An update, we are now staying in Buckhead! (Why not exchange $$$ for convenience?) So with that in mind, any other suggestions... I have heard good things about Seasons 52.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,471 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Dinner - Atlanta

Seasons 52 is good but definitely not a special occasion destination. Why not go somewhere local and unique?

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,185 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Dinner - Atlanta

seasons 52 is where me and my buds go for cocktails on Thurs--not real special--I left out Aria,which is in Buckhead--very romantic place and if you like Osso bucco, Pricci is excellent

Edited: 5:26 pm, January 17, 2012
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Dinner - Atlanta

Seasons 52 is a decent restaurant but definitely not "romantic." There are plenty of other excellent options. As suggested by above posters, check out yelp and other sites.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
12,480 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic Dinner - Atlanta

Well, now that you are in Buckhead I'll suggest the La Grotta on Peachtree. When you drive up (to a condo building) you'll wonder why the heck anyone would recommend it. You take the elevator down to the ground/garden level...and you're transported to Italy. You won't find better service - some of the wait staff have been there for 40 years. You won't find better food. They have also been offering a stimulus menu for the last couple of years for non-weekend nights that is a fabulous deal - wine, appetizer and entree for $25.

http://www.lagrottaatlanta.com/Buckhead.htm

Another favorite is Canoe -

http://www.canoeatl.com/

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,471 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic Dinner - Atlanta

My recommendations were not specific to the perimeter area, so you may want to keep those in consideration.

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
450 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic Dinner - Atlanta

Bacchanalia is out of this world... don't know if you can get in on short notice.. La Grotta is also good.. Seasons 52 is ok only just another chain not special

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
158 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic Dinner - Atlanta

It's pricey, but I LOVE Chops... it's in Buchead, right new to the St. Regis. Enjoy! No Seasons 52 for a romantic dinner :)