We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping plus hotel

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg
Level Contributor
105 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping plus hotel

I am from South Africa and will be in Atlanta for 2 days.

We are on the atkins diet and would love to shop for low carb products while we are there, because we do not get it here.

What is the best place to go for groceries and also the best shopping mall and then one or two suggestions for nice hotel nearby.

Thank you.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping plus hotel

The JW Marriot on Lenox Rd. in Buckhead would put you a five minute walk from both Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza and the most exclusive shopping enclave in the southeast U.S.. I'm not really familiar with the low carb availability, (as witnessed by the fact that I'm 6'5" and 270lbs.), but I'm sure there are shops in the area around Lenox that would fulfill your needs.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping plus hotel

You may want to try Whole Foods, a large grocery chain specializing in healthy and organic products. There si a new Whoel Foods in the Buckhead area. You can view their locations and probably their offering on their website.http://www.wholefoods.com/

I agree that if you're coming to Atlanta to shop, Lenox Mall is by far the best place to go. Phipps Plaza, which is across the street, is great as well. It's more upscale and expensive so, other than visits to department stores, I generally do more browsing that buying at Phipps.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping plus hotel

Bump.

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
105 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping plus hotel

Thank you, everybody.

When I look on the internet it seems you can buy all the stuff in any grocery store, but I'll use all your advice.

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping plus hotel

Publix and Kroger's are two main grocery store chains. Both have websites and post their weekly flyers on their respective sites. If you go to Kroger, stop at the customer service desk and get a "Kroger Card", they run a lot specials for card holders. The card is free, and can reduce the total cost of your bill.

There's a Publix right across the street from Phipps Plaza.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping plus hotel

I have been on the Atkins diet so I would recommend that you try a sample of the low carb item before you buy many of them. For example, some of the low carb bars are OK but others taste like cardboard.