We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The distance

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Flint, Mi
1 post
Save Topic
The distance

I am from Michigan and would love to be a georgia peach and soak up some of that Georgia sunshine this time of year. I need to know how far is lanier Island from Atl,Ga and how long is the drive from Atl,ga to Orlando, Fl.I do thank- you in advance for your responses.

Dalton,
Level Contributor
96 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The distance

lake lanier has 550 miles of shore line and begins in buford ga a mere 25 miles north of atlana. gainesville,the home of lake lanier, is 50 miles northeast of atlanta and approx a one hour drive. orlando is a 7-8 hour drive south. good luck, come visit us!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The distance

Be aware though, that north Georgia and Atlanta can get quite cold. (not like Michigan, but cold and wet all the same.) This is partially because Atlanta is the highest major city east of the Missippi. Some of our new transplants from New Orleans have been commenting that they weren't aware of just how cold it gets here. (and this has been a mild winter)

But it can also be quite warm during the winter here. One day last week it got up to 70F, but it also got down in the upper 20's. Tonight it is supposed to be in the mid-30's and tomorrow in the 60's.

Lake Lanier is a nice place, though and less than an hour north of downtown. It is the most visited lake in the entire Army Corps of Engineers system.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The distance

Would that actually be Mississippi?

Belgium
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The distance

The best way to know more about distances is www.randmcnally.com

You can also look at www.maporama.com but i have noticed that McNally has much more details.

Have a safe trip.

I have done that before,from Gaylord to Atlanta and it took me about 750 miles and 14 hour drive (few stops included).