We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nordstrom's

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SantsRosaBeach
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Topic
Nordstrom's

I am flying to another destination, however, I wanted to stay overnight in Atlanta to shop. I have a few questions:

Is there only one Nordstrom's in Atlanta?

Also, what upscale hotel is close?

How close to the airport is it?

Thanks much.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nordstrom's

There are two Nordstrom's in Atlanta. One is at Phipps Plaza (across from Lenox) and the other is at Perimeter Mall. To maximize your shopping time, I'd go to the one at Phipps.

Your best bet would probably be to stay at a nearby Buckhead hotel like the Intercontinental or the Grand Hyatt. Both are very nice. You can take MARTA from the Lenox station to the airport easily.

Id give yourself at least 45 minutes to get from the Lenox MARTA station to the airport.

Hope that helps. I've vacationed in Santa Rosa Beach often and love it!

SantsRosaBeach
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nordstrom's

Is the pricing higher at Phipps?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nordstrom's

Phipps is (in my opinion) is the most upscale mall in Atlanta. But I have no idea if the prices at the two Nordstrom's are any different. I think that's what you're asking, right?

Lenox Square Mall is right across the street from Phipps, which has tons of good shopping. You'd hit more stores in that area than if you went to Perimeter.

SantsRosaBeach
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nordstrom's

Yes, I like Phipps. I have been there many years ago. They have a B & O store there which is always a treat to visit.

There use to be a W Hotel in Atlanta, but the site has taken it down. Is it still there and is it anywhere near Phipps? Also, there was a restaurant in Phipps, one of the Peasant (??) restaurants. Is it still there and wonderful?

Sorry, it has been a while.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nordstrom's

The W Hotel at Lenox is now a JW Marriott. Without a car, I'd agree with Peachyswan that the Lenox/Phipps area would make the most sense -- Nordstroms and a bunch of other upscale stores at Phipps, plenty more across the street at Lenox, the JW Marriott, Ritz-Carlton Buckhead, Westin Buckhead, and a Sheraton are all within easy walking distance, plus the free shuttle buses (http://www.bucride.com) make it easy to get to other area hotels, restaurants, and shops.

Unfortunately, the Peasant Uptown has been gone from Phipps for a few years now. But there are plenty of other options, both within Phipps and within a couple of blocks. Twist, an upscale sushi, seafood, and tapas place is not far from where the Peasant was, and the Tavern at Phipps offers more traditional fare. Emeril's is just across the street, as are New York Prime and the Ritz-Carlton. Across Peachtree, Bluepointe is a hot Buckhead Life Restaurant Group spot. Over at Lenox, there's always Brasserie Le Coze.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,324 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nordstrom's

Peachyswan has given excellent advice. Also, there is a W Hotel near Perimeter Mall, where the other Nordstrom's is located. There is also a MARTA station there. It is further north than Buckhead, and the neighborhood is less vibrant, but if you're looking for a W this one is pretty nice. I work a few blocks away and I don't think the restaurants in this area are as nice as those in Buckhead, but these restaurants might do: Savu (in the W), Goldfish (at Perimeter Mall), Villa Cristina. I'm not aware of other fine dining restaurants in this area. Chequers Seafood Grill is pretty good. There's a steakhouse in the mall that's pretty popular, as well as chains like Cheesecake Factory and Maggiano's.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,324 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nordstrom's

Oh, if you opt for the Phipps/Buckhead area, I would definitely recommend Bluepointe, one of my favorite restaurants. Prime and Brasserie le Coze are also well-reviewed. Emeril's, though sort of a chain, is surprisingly good as well.

SantsRosaBeach
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nordstrom's

Is Bluepoint's entire name "Bluepoint Fish Club"? We have one of those in Destin. Based out of Chicago?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,324 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nordstrom's

No, Bluepointe is part of the Buckhead Life Restaurant group in Atlanta. You can Google it using "Buckhead Life Bluepoite." It's a trendy fusion restaurant with fabulous cocktails and sushi. Great bar scene for people watching - lots of sugar daddies and sometimes some famous people. The food is excellent - they have a menu online.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nordstrom's

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions, everyone. I'd like to second the recommendation for Blue Pointe as well.

And forgive me for my glaring grammar goofs, which I am now noticing. My fingers get ahead of my thoughts at times.

Yippie, let us know if you need addition help.