We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help planning a girls night out.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Need help planning a girls night out.

I have lived here for the past 6 years but as yet have not ventured out too much. I travel once a month to either NYC, Chicago, San Fran, LA or NO for girl night out. All of my girlfriends from these areas are now coming here for the weekend. We plan on renting a limo so we don't have to worry about drinking and driving. We are a mix of 30 somethings, hispanic, african american and caucasion, some straight some not. So I need help planning a fun night. I keep hearing from people that ATL has a great night life. Where is it and where should we go? I have been to Buckhead and that will not do. I know Mid-Town has alot, but when I have tried going there places are hard to find. That is why I want to know exactly where to go.

Thanks

M

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,634 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help planning a girls night out.

A fun midtown trip would be to have dinner at Loca Luna, a tapas restaurant with a vibrant bar scene and live music. It's always packed on weekend, and is large enough to handle big groups. There are tons of great restaurants in Atlanta, but I would also suggest Django (very lively, mixed crowd), Toast (more subdued but great food) and the Globe (cool scene, lively crown, great food, new hip spot, you'll need reservations). You may also want to try some of the big flash restaurants like Two Urban Licks, One Midtown Kitchen, or PieBar, all in midtown. Each of these places has a website you can probably find through google.

From Loca Luna, you could walk next door to McCray's Tavern, which is a new tavern with a great beer selection. Then you could just walk to Halo, a nice louge with a hip scene. It has a website you can google. All of these are on 6th street between Juniper and West Peachtree. The biggest area for midtown bars is just south of 14th Street on Crescent Avenue and extending a couple of blocks west. You might really like Eleven50 if you're looking to dance. It also has a website, and a gorgeous outdoor courtyard area. There are also lounges/clubs like Cosmopolitan Lounge, Leopard Lounge, Sutra in that area. All are fairly mixed clubs. If I were to plan it , I would opt for Tow Urban Licks or Loca Luna, then Halo, then Eleven50. Will be glad to provide more specifics if you need them.