We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta to Las Vegas

UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Atlanta to Las Vegas

We are visiting the US (again) from the UK and intended to fly to Las Vegas for a few days after 2 weeks in the South. As New Orleans is now probably out of our itinary, we are thinking of having a 'road trip' to Las Vegas instead of flying.

And now to the actual question. What I need to know is: are there any car rental companies that will let me pick up the car in Atlanta and drop it off in Las Vegas?

Thank you.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,705 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta to Las Vegas

You'll have to go to the websites of all of the individual companies to see if they have one-way rentals. Some do. It's more expensive, though.

This is going to be a terribly long and boring drive, though. plus, gas prices are skyrocketing after the hurricane. some areas even have gas shortages. i would highly recommend flying.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
229 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlanta to Las Vegas

Ditto. When you factor the cost of a rental car, gas, and hotel stays along the way, you can almost certainly do it cheaper by flying from Atlanta to Las Vegas and back. I wouldn't want to waste 2 or 3 days of my vacation in the car on the interstate ... not exactly scenic. Keep an eye on expedia or travelocity web sites, and you'll almost certainly find a good deal if you're patient.

If you do decide to drive, I think all of the major car rental companies (Budget, Alamo, Hertz, Avis) will let you drop off the car in Las Vegas.

UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlanta to Las Vegas

Thank you for your replies. I think we'll heed your advice and fly.