We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malls

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Malls

Besides the Lenox and Phipps, which malls would ya'll recommend? Which ones would you definately avoid?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malls

You must go to Mall of Georgia. Largest this side of Mississippi. Great place to shop or just people watch. Has IMAX theater too.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malls

North Point Mall in Alpharetta and Perimeter Mall in Dunwoody are my two favorites.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,324 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malls

Lenox is absolutely the best. You do NOT want to go to the movie theater there - it is horrid. Phipps is the most upscale but is far smaller. Perimeter is nice and has some good stores like Bloomies. I work nearby so, although I prefer Lenox, I wind up shopping at Perimeter more often. Mall of Georgia is way too far out of the city, and does not have more upscale stores. It is huge, and has a water feature like Centennial Park and an I-Max but is definitely not worth going for the shopping. The stores there can be found at any mall in America. I would avoid any malls south of Atlanta.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,012 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malls

Lenox Square Mall is our favorite mall too. We went to Perimeter Mall yesterday because a friend works in the Men’ Department at Macy’s and was holding a suit for my husband. Lenox remains my favorite. I just like the atmosphere. It also seems to have the newest and best items. As previously mentioned, the stores aren’t all the same ones you can find at any mall in America. Phipps feels cold to me for some reason.

I’ll give you our secret on how to conveniently park. Take Lenox Road and turn into the side entrance at the light near Rich’s. Turn left and immediately turn right onto the ramp that takes you to the top of the parking garage. There you will find two different pedestrian bridges that take you into the upper level of the mall. The first bridge leads to an entry with restrooms on the left. If you turn right after a short walk past the restrooms that way leads to Macy’s a few stores down. The second bridge brings you in closer to Bloomingdale’s and the food court.

I usually spend most of my time in Macy’s. I’ve shopped there for many years when it was Rich’s. I know where everything is and they have good sales. Recently the Men’s department was expanded. My husband, a clothes horse, feels like it has the most extensive men’s department. He may be biased, though, because many years ago he worked in their men’s department.

I entered Lenox Square in google and they have a website with all the stores and restaurants and hours of operation. It looks like there are some coupons, too. I’ll be checking it out myself before we go next time.

Also, if you like coffee, there is a nice area past the upper level entrance to Macy’s where there are tables set up like a café in the center. (It is section U on the map on the website.) We often take study material and enjoy a coffee and dessert or if one of us doesn’t feel like shopping, the shopper meets up there with the non-shopper. The restaurant Prime is on that end. Often there is a person playing the piano just outside their door. It’s a nice place to relax and enjoy some free entertainment. There is a Starbuck’s in the center downstairs, too if you want more action. Just people watching at Lenox is fun.

Georgia
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malls

Malls I would avoid if I were you (my opinion though):

town center in kennesaw

cumberland mall- atlanta (next to marietta)

why? because...there is nothing special there. just malls with shops in them. literally. no theatre...nothing special.

Georgia
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malls

Oh yeah, Arbor mall in douglasville is cool, but, can't compare it to Mall of GA. Just go to Mall of GA, none of the other malls will compare.

Georgia
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malls

well besides lenox, if you want huge, yeah go to mall of GA, upscale and nice mall= go to lenox

NYC
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Malls

Can someone comment on the walk between Lenox and Phipps? I keep on hearing they are close, but I was told the same thing about Tysons Corner and Tysons Galleria (suburban Washington) and you had to cross a 10 lane freeway like road to get from one another (no transportation provided). We ended up not going to the Galleria because we had a baby stroller and couldn't risk it.

Is this walk between Phipps and Lenox similar? I don't know who busy/crazy Peachtree St is, or if the area overall is pedestrian friendly. I'll be staying at the Crowne Plaza Buckhead. TIA.

Georgia
Level Contributor
29 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malls

There are one or two busy streets b/w Lenox and Phipps, but I always see some people crossing, so it's not too bad. There are 'walk' signals set up so people can cross. It would be nice if there was a pedestrian bridge, but no dice. This is the town that put a Dicks Sporting goods right on Peachtree, but put no doors on the Ptree side, forcing you to hike through the parking deck to go inside.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,324 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malls

Lenox is really just across the street from Phipps. I'm sure there are places in Lenox that are closer to Phipps than to other places within Lenox. There's a traffic light and crosswalk at the intersection. It should be no problem at all.