We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long driving from atlanta to Orlando

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
118 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
How long driving from atlanta to Orlando

Arriving at Atlanta airport at 9 pm having to pick up a rental car and then driving to Orlando how long time will that travel take me.

do anyone know.

1. is it difficult to find the avis rental office in the world greatest airport ?

vikingo

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
672 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How long driving from atlanta to Orlando

Sorry ca vol, for all those tickets you've gotten!! We go down 75 every year to Daytona, and always set the cruise at 79 (since the speed limit is 70) - so far, we've been lucky - but we've seen plenty who haven't!

Florida
Level Contributor
3,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How long driving from atlanta to Orlando

Thanks, rags. Like I said, many of my friends and family blame the red sportscar with the blonde woman driving. ;)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How long driving from atlanta to Orlando

Always happy to help someone from Hamlet's hometown :-) . And actually, I think the English word that translates to rygsæk is "rucksack". "Rackensack" is an old and obscure corruption of the same root word as "Arkansas" (the state where I was born) and is the name of a folk center in the remote north-central part of Arkansas.

I don't have any specific recommendations in Warner Robins -- most of the major national chain hotels are there (there's a United States Air Force base in town, which sort of sets the tone -- lots of mid-market chain stuff, not too much unique local flavor) but that's not a bad thing in this case -- you just need someplace clean, safe, and comfortable to bed down for the night. You can see what's there and read the reviews here: tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g35348-Warner_Robins_…

As for the rest of your question -- I'm not quite clear on the itinerary yet -- it looks like some of the dates might be wrong. And I need to get away from the computer again for a bit, so I'll give my brain some time to work on it and try to give you a better answer later.

Barnesville, Georgia
Level Contributor
819 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How long driving from atlanta to Orlando

I think Perry may be better option for hotels, if I recall those in Warner Robins are not directly on the interstate.

Perry would also take you a bit farther down the road toward FLA.

There are a couple of areas I know of on I-75 to slow that speed to 75 or below as the police are out on the road quite a bit. After Exit 218 until about Exti 212 going south and after exit 198 about 2 miles.

As for your return trip, I think Savannah might be a little far to get to ATL airport next day, although it is probably only a 5 to 5.5 hour drive. Might be a bit much for day of flight.

That said, Savannah is a very romantic spot and would be great for your wife's birthday. Very walkable city. If you do go there, get a place on Bay St so you can walk everywhere.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How long driving from atlanta to Orlando

Perry is farther down the road, to be sure, and the hotels are closer to the freeway. The advantages to Warner Robins, in my mind, are that there's a somewhat larger number of decent options, and they generally get better reviews here than the ones in Perry, and that (if you don't make a reservation but try to pick someplace once you're there) that if you find everything booked, you can always continue on your route to Perry, but if you go to Perry first, and it's booked up, you have to double back to Warner Robins -- continuing south from Perry the options are pretty slim until you hit Valdosta (Tifton has a few places, ditto Cordele, but only a few). Warner Robins, particularly the area around the Galleria Mall, which is where most of the hotels are, also has more non-fast food (albeit mostly chain) restaurants, etc. Being farther from the highway is also something of an advantage, in that there are fewer ne'er do wells and drug runners bedding down for the night at the first/cheapest place they come to -- most of the Warner Robins hotel trade is related to the air force base. Valdosta is another 2 hours at least, and viking0's schedule would put him in Warner Robins/Perry right around midnight, while continuing farther would mean being up and driving until at least 1 am, possibly closer to 3 am, so you'd almost have to go back to Warner Robins if nothing in Perry is available.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
1,222 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: How long driving from atlanta to Orlando

savannah to atlanta isn't but about 4 hours from atlanta airport so you should be able to make it easily.

17. Re: How long driving from atlanta to Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, September 10, 2009