We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Seating & Where to Buy?

Atlanta
2 posts
Save Topic
Best Seating & Where to Buy?

We are taking our 7 yr. old son for the first time to Turner field May 28. Where do you suggest seating for a 4ft. boy with "never a dull moment" view? And where to buy best seats for the money? thanks

Lilburn, Georgia
Level Contributor
107 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Seating & Where to Buy?

the upper deck isnt bad.

especially for the money.

i like the third base side.

its less sun in your face and the kids are close to coca colas sky field which is a fun place to check out.

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Seating & Where to Buy?

we usually sit on the Lexus Level, but truly there isn't a bad seat in the house (well except the foul pole view, which I hate at any ballpark!), so it's really a matter of how much you want to spend for the tickets. On the Braves website they have a seating chart where if you click on the area it will show you a picture with the view of the field. We've found it pretty accurate.

Oh,l I take that back, there was one section on lexus Levl that is at an awkward angle to the field which makes viewing uncomfortable. It's the part where you aren't under a covered area. Bleah.

We've sat in Lexus level, field pavillion, terrace pavillion, dugout level, field level, stood in the budweiser pavillion and have had a good view of the game from every seat... except that one weird one previously mentioned.

My personal favorite is dugout level cause you can hear the ball hisssss of a fastball and the "pop" right on into the catchers glove.

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Seating & Where to Buy?

Did you mean where to buy tickets from? If so, I usually just go through Ticketmaster and either print the tickets at home or pick them up at Will Call. I’ve occasionally purchased on e-bay which resulted in KILLER seats and a great deal, but I don’t use that method very often. I’ve also purchased from uh … OK Scalpers (price goes down after the first inning). Though if you go this route, it’s handy to have a seating chart printed out so you can refer to it.

A few weeks ago I went to an Angel’s game. In looking for seats, I found that if I went through the ball club’s website (which directs you to Ticketmaster), better seats came up in the “best available” searches than when I just went directly to Ticketmaster. Same might be true for a Braves game, so if you go the Ticketmaster route, try going through the Braves website, you might see better seats come up. Select schedule, the calendar month you want then clicking on the “T” on the date for the game you want to go to.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,715 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Seating & Where to Buy?

Please see here for several discussions on the topic:

http://tinyurl.com/2qtgzh

5. Re: Best Seating & Where to Buy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 31, 2009