We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfort Inn Turner Field

Charlotte NC
1 post
Save Topic
Comfort Inn Turner Field

Any comments on this hotel? Attending a ballgame in July 2005 and want to know good or bad before reserving a room. Thanks, CK

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfort Inn Turner Field

My recommendation would be not to stay anywhere around Turner Field. While the stadium itself is state of the art with lots of attactions to enjoy outside of the game, the neighborhoods around it are anything but. In 40 years attending Braves games at Turner Field and the former Atlanta-Fulton stadium, I have been robbed twice. Or attempted robbed twice, once successfully, once not successfully. (for the would be robber although he did take away a really nice memento in the nature of a .357 magnum wound to the abdomen. Fortunately I was just exiting my vehicle and still had access to my sidearm. Even though I have a concealed carry permit, firearms aren't allowed into the park, which is a good thing.) I would recommend a hotel north of the downtown area, somewhere close to the MARTA, perhaps the Residence Inn Midtown at Peachtree St. and 17th St. which is also close to Piedmont Park and the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and some great restaurants and clubs. From their your can catch the North/South line to Five Points station and from there catch a MARTA shuttle to the game. You still walk a couple of blocks, but you do it with hundreds of other baseball fans.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Piedmont Park
Piedmont Park
2,104 Reviews
Atlanta, GA