We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

breakfast options in Benoajan

Which Benaojan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belguim
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Topic
breakfast options in Benoajan

We are renting a holiday home in Benaojan this summer. One of the little luxuries we would like is to go out for breakfast. Is there any place around where we can do that?

Or in case there isn't: Is there a local bakery or supermarket open where we could buy some freshly baked rolls?

5 replies to this topic
England
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: breakfast options in Benoajan

Bar Stop at Estacion de Benaojan is worth a go.Very popular with the locals.

Belguim
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: breakfast options in Benoajan

Hi Aries

Thanks for the tip. We'll definitely go and check it out. Do you know if it is open every day?

And if not, what other options have we got?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,199 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: breakfast options in Benoajan

Breakfast is variable in Andalucia. Mostly it becomes more serious after 10.30 as earlier the focus is mainly on having a good cup of coffee or in some cases a beer ! And of course it depends on what type of breakfast you are expecting. Certainly try locally baked 'molletes' that are toasted and you have a selection of things to cover. Definitely try olive oil and sliced tomatoes but am sure others will suggest even nicer ones. Hungry ones will have a large one and both halves whilst others will stick to a 'media' portion. I know the Bar Stop cafe pub near the station at Benaojan Estacion and find them excellent. Last time I visited I tried a plate of 'jamon' and cheese. The ham was beautiful so I ordered a plate full to take home. €3 for a good paper plate full and certainly a bargain. I have a feeling that they close on Saturdays but may be wrong. I do not know the village places at Benaojan itself but sure you will soon source the right one. It is really quite small. Maybe at least one local bakery that hits the spot. That reminds me - down on the road leading to the station is a place that makes pork products mainly called el Cerdito Andaluz. Only small shop attached but worth looking in - if I am in the area I stop to buy some Carne Mechada Casera which is a sort of pork 'meat loaf' which is undoubtedly the wrong way of describing this as am no cook but you can slice it for salads and I always buy some Membrillo from the supermarket or local shop which goes well - Membrillo is basically Quince jelly and of course very sweet. And in every village or town in Andlaucia you will generally find an Asador de pollos - the take away cooked chicken shop - which is a great idea for self catering.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,199 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: breakfast options in Benoajan

I just found that the pork product maker at Benaojan Estacion has a web site !

http://www.cerditoandaluz.com/

Belguim
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: breakfast options in Benoajan

Hi Cadiz_lover

Thanks for the respons. We are used to having a hearty breakfast and getting up rather early. We'll definitely check out the Bar stop. First activity on ariving in Benaojàn is looking around town to see if we can find supermarkets and bakeries for breakfast, picnic and dinner.

We never tried Quince jelly, so I'm looking forward to trying that too.

Reply to: breakfast options in Benoajan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Benaojan