We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renfe Tickets

Which Benaojan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edisto Island, SC
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Renfe Tickets

I am so excited that I was able to successfully purchase train tickets from the Renfe site. Thanks to much help from everyone at T.A. I keep debating between trains for the whole trip versus renting a car for part of the time while in Andalucia. Since we have only 8 nights total (4/Madrid & 2/Sevilla & 2/Puerto de Santa Maria, I am sort of leaning towards trains for the whole trip. I think that the car might be more frustrating and actually take us more time. If I decide to use all trains, I have found another web fare for part of the trip which I would buy. I am wondering whether the other regularly priced tickets can just be purchased at the station or if I should buy all of them now. The regularly priced tickets are from Sevilla to P.S.M. and P.S.M. to Cordoba. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,116 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renfe Tickets

If your travel dates are definitely fixed, then I suggest you pre-book your tickets. Train travel in Spain is extremely popular due to it's clean and efficient service although your routes will probably not be fully booked it's better to be safe than sorry. Also you may have to queue for some time at the station to purchase the tickets.

Edisto Island, SC
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renfe Tickets

Thanks so much. We'll take your advice. My husband and I so much appreciate the help from our friends at T.A.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,801 posts
3,570 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renfe Tickets

Patlin:

Definitely buy your tickets ahead of time. You do not say when you will travel but Holy Week is coming up and everyone in Spain will be on vacation and traveling on the train.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,199 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renfe Tickets

You specifically ask about Seville to El Puerto and then El Puerto to Cordoba by train.

The line from Seville to El Puerto is normally not full and there are some smart new trains operating it now with a funny nose on the front like the AVE trains. All the seats are numbered and you should have no problem in getting a seat by just turning up at the station. In Seville I use San bernardo station not Santa Justa but it does not really matter which except that San Bernardo is a small station in Viapol and now connects with the Metro and is also closer to the old quarter called barrio Santa Cruz. But dpends where you are travelling from.

There are other trains running from Santa Justa to El Puerto that are the long distance ones that come from Madrid. These are called AVE LANZADERA or ALVIA or TRENHOTEL. These trains only stop at Santa Justa and pass through San Bernardo station.

Cordoba is best reached from Seville as it is on the Seville to Madrid line. El Puerto is south of Seville on the way to Cadiz.

If you are travelling from El Puerto to Cordoba you can find a train that does not require any change at Santa Justa. I think that there are 4 per day. These are those long distance ones that call at Madrid. On these trains because of the long distance and other factors you would be advised to book your seat in advance. They do get filled up with people for example travelling from Cadiz to Barcelona or Madrid.

Edisto Island, SC
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Renfe Tickets

Thanks again to all who have responded. The information that you provided is so helpful. I will be there the week after holy week so it shouldn't be as crowded but I will go ahead and buy the tickets anyway.

Also, didn't know about the other station in Sevilla and will check that out.

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renfe Tickets

Another thing is that I got tickets ahead on the AVE train through Renfre from Barcelona to Malaga and the web discount is very good - at least half the price at the station. It is definitely a good idea to buy ahead of time if you are sure of your dates as they are non refundable. Also the tickets are not name specific. You buy them and anyone can use them it seems like.

7. Re: Renfe Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, August 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Benaojan