We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need place to stay near Woodstock ... farm/river type locale

Maryland
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need place to stay near Woodstock ... farm/river type locale

Our family of 3 will be visiting the Woodstock area over the Chrismas season. I am looking for a charming place...not too remote...but would like to feel like I really am in Vermont. I would like to keep the rate under $175 if possible. Any suggestions?

Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
10 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need place to stay near Woodstock ... farm/river type locale

Our family just stayed at the Liberty Hill Farm B&B in Rochester -- a true working dairy farm -- and had a terrific time. It was remote, but not too remote, with easy day trips in all directions. There were families with older children as well as younger (like us), and most were repeat customers. I wrote a review last night and someone else did recently, as well, so please check it out.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need place to stay near Woodstock ... farm/river type locale

Hello Happyfuntime,

I think you may be pushing it on price, but do contact the town via their web site at www.woodstockvt.com and look under lodging.

You could also check out www.benchmarkinns.com which is a collection of 15 indepenedent B & B's in the Woodstock area.

Rest assured that any rural B"& B's will give the Vermont experience.

3. Re: Need place to stay near Woodstock ... farm/river type locale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 23, 2009