We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting in mid-December

Which Woodstock hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando
6 posts
Save Topic
Visiting in mid-December

My husband and I are visiting in mid-December and would like some suggestions for things to do. We've been to the glass factory (name?) and skiing but what else is there to do? Don't mind a little bit of a drive. Any suggestions would be welcome.

woodstock, vermont
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting in mid-December

If you can visit on Wassail Weekend (December 9,10 and 11), there is much to do in Woodstock. Friday evening there is a Wassail Feast at the Woodstock Inn with costumed servers and entertainment. On Saturday there is a parade of horses and carriages, tour of homes beautifully decorated for Christmas, and many activities at the Billings Farm and Museum. You can read all about it at www.pentanglearts.org and www.woodstockvt.com

Vermont
Level Contributor
14 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting in mid-December

Most of the resort towns have lots going on around the holidays, so you can't miss. Lots of "Currier and Ives" places to be found. Sometimes you have to look off the beaten path. Bennington, Manchester, Woodstock, Stowe and Ludlow are all great towns to find such places. Stowe and Ludlow being the towns/villages most associated with a ski resort. I will say, if you are not a skier, your choices become more limited for winter fun. You will find places to rent snowshoes, xc skis, horse drawn sleigh rides, etc.

Good luck!