We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banana Tree, where is it?

Which Villamartin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston,ma.
Level Contributor
533 posts
285 reviews
Save Topic
Banana Tree, where is it?

My daughter is currently living in Villamartin and she can't seem to locate the Banana Tree restauarant. She has asked a number of locals and no one seems to have heard of it. It is really in Villamartin or perhaps a town very close? I'm going to be visiting in January and want to go there myself. Any clues to put an end to this mystery would be appreciated.

11 replies to this topic
Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Banana Tree, where is it?

According to reviews on Trip Advisor the restaurant is on C/- Enelda which looks to be in the northern section of the town. Looking at the map on the below noted link it would appear that C/- Fuentezuela becomes Cambio del Cementerio and C/- Enelda is off of the road to the cemetery on the left hand side if walking out of town.

See tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g608967-…

Sorry, I don't know Villamartin very well, if you need to ask anything on nearby Olvera then I can probably help out.

Saludos. Lindsay

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
533 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banana Tree, where is it?

Thankyou for your reply. I hope we can find it.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,995 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banana Tree, where is it?

I think there is confusion which is not uncommon in Spain and the name Villamartin is used at various locations. The one called Villamartin which is in Cadiz Province is a large town and from memory does not have many restaurants. I have been to one a couple of times which is very popular but not for a few years !! I will try to recall the name and post again.

The Banana Tree is situated not in Cadiz Province but miles away on the Costa Blanca at a town called Ciudad Quesada near a place that I have never been to : Torrevieja.

theleader.info/364/…

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Banana Tree, where is it?

Hi Cadiz_lover, this one confused me also and for the same reason. However, if you follow the link in #1 you will see comments from people who have visited and the interactive map shows quite clearly the proximity of Villamartin to the Rio Guadalete with the restaurant marked with a star. I thought it very odd that a restaurant in this area would have an English name.

Lindsay

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Banana Tree, where is it?

Have just had a walk around the top end of Villamartin, Cádiz with Google's little yellow man. I think the map on the TA comments page a bit suspect as I cannot see any signs of a restaurant in this part of town. The visitor comments on the TA page I linked refer to a Banana Tree II and I suspect the wrong map has been put on the page and that the OP is really looking for Quesada near Torrevieja, not a place I have visited either. However, when I put in C/- Enelda, Quesada or C/- Enelda, Torrevieja the Google maps come up with nada and Via Michelin direct me to A Coruña and Cartagena, so no joy there either.

Perhaps Rick could come back to us and solve the mystery of where his daughter is.

Lindsay

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,995 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banana Tree, where is it?

It is possible that the Trip Advisor map points to an incorrect adddress/location . The information that is input into the TA system can be corrected if wrong. I know Villamartin and my first reaction to seeing this Banana Tree was to think "Oh no this is not like the Villamartin near Arcos de la Frontera that I know." This is the reason I added a link giving details of the Banana Tree in another location - please read my reply in 3 above.

For a start I would have got wind of it when looking for a nice Oriental restaurant. The Chinese restaurant in Arcos de la Frontera called Big House is very good and next door is a popular simple bar cafe that serves mainly tapas dishes called El Zindicato. I can explain the nice places to eat in Arcos but not in Villamartin (Cadiz Province) which is more off the tourist trail and a traditional Andalucian mainly farming community.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Banana Tree, where is it?

The link you put at #3 above I also saw last night when I was searching for an answer and realised it was nowhere near the Villamartin you and I are talking about so I discounted it. I do think that the wrong map has been put on the TA page at my link #1 unless of course the people who commented on the restaurant could tell us otherwise.

Rick for your information, the area which Cadiz_lover and I speak of is inland from the Atlantic coast and is very much a rural agricultural area where there are some lovely small towns and villages.

Lindsay

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,995 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Banana Tree, where is it?

Lindsay

Before we get too confused about Villamartin look at the map of Villamartin in Alicante Province (Valencia ) showing on Trip Advisor and tell me if you think it is correct or not? At this link.

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g1899416-Villamartin…

I should have been more plain when I originally wrote first message above.

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
533 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Banana Tree, where is it?

My daughter is in the Villamartin near Prado del Rey. Perhaps the map is incorrect as I've experienced wrong maps many times on TA. She even asked a local town official who had never heard of it. Too bad, it looks great!! Thankyou all for your input.

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Banana Tree, where is it?

Hi Cadiz_lover, yep the map of Villamartin on your link at #8 is definitely La Provincia de Cádiz. I didn't even need to open it fully to see that. As soon as I saw "Bornos" I knew it was wrong as I use the road which bypasses both Villamartin and Bornos regularly between Chiclana and Olvera. We stopped off in Bornos during our October holiday for a wander. The rest of the day my son and I had spent in Sanlúcar de Barrameda and enjoyed a nice paddle in the Atlantic.

Rick, your daughter is definitely in the area that is my and Cadiz_lover's stomping ground so no chance of a meal at the Banana Tree or, indeed, the Banana Tree II for you. However, when you visit you will be able to enjoy a most wonderful area with loads of pretty villages (pueblos blancos), lovely eats (mostly Spanish cuisine) and meet some of the nicest people around. Well that is how I feel about the area anyways.

Saludos. Lindsay

Reply to: Banana Tree, where is it?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Villamartin
More Villamartin Topics