We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indiana Basketball game Big Ten tournament

Which Manassas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
138 posts
47 reviews
Indiana Basketball game Big Ten tournament

I will be in DC area on March 14th which is the start of the big ten tournament. The games are usually broadcast on ESPN channels. Which hotel in manassas will have these channels? I could go to a sports bar if my 20 year old daughter would be allowed in. She is the IU student. We visited manassas before and styed at the comfort suites. It was a good place, but are others better for the price? TV channels will be the main focus of this trip's hotel choice.

5 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,833 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Indiana Basketball game Big Ten tournament

I would not stay in Manassas if your goal is to visit D.C. -- getting in and out of the city will take you an hour or more each way, depending on time of day. I would find places that are much closer, such as Fairfax, Dunn Loring / Merrifield, Falls Church, Arlington, or Alexandria.

Springfield, VA
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
224 reviews
2. Re: Indiana Basketball game Big Ten tournament

If you've stayed in Manassas before and are comfortable with it, go for it. As for sports bars in Manassas, I would recommend Glory Days:

glorydaysgrill.com/#locations/…manassas

It's a full-service restaurant with tons of TVs and you daughter would have no problems getting in. My husband and I have eaten at two of their other locations, and there are always children far younger than 20.

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
549 posts
199 reviews
3. Re: Indiana Basketball game Big Ten tournament

When my boyfriend and I need to watch a Nebraska game in Manassas that is on the Big Ten Network, we go to the following places:

http://www.oldtownesportspub.com/ (22 tvs, so you are guaranteed a tv with your game on)

http://www.clarkesgrill.com/about_us.php (6 tvs)

Glory Days is another good option, too. I've been there, but not for a game.

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
549 posts
199 reviews
4. Re: Indiana Basketball game Big Ten tournament

As for your hotel choice, where you are is a good option, the other 2 hotels by the Manassas Battlefield where you are are good choices, too. But if you were fine with the Comfort Suites, just stay there. It's a great location for everything you need.

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
549 posts
199 reviews
5. Re: Indiana Basketball game Big Ten tournament

You can call the hotel and ask them which ESPN channels they carry:

Comfort Suites Manassas Battlefield Park

7350 Williamson Boulevard , Manassas, VA, US, 20109

Phone: (703) 686-1100

Reply to: Indiana Basketball game Big Ten tournament