We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to concert an Nissan Pavillion Sunday 7/12 - Need help

Which Manassas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
VA
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Going to concert an Nissan Pavillion Sunday 7/12 - Need help

We will be staying at hotel on Nova Way in Manassas. What will be best way to get from there to Nissan Pavillion? Is there a back way? Also best route to get back to hotel after concert is over. Any help appreciated!!! Also, have heard horror stories about traffic. Concert starts at 7pm, what time do you think i should start out ???

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to concert an Nissan Pavillion Sunday 7/12 - Need help

66 West and follow the signs at the Gainesville exit. They loop you around over a bridge back over 66.

Not really a back way. Once you are out of the parking lot, the hard part is over.

If you go out on Wellington Road to the right (south) you can take that to the Prince William Parkway and then go left (north) and that will take you back to I-66. Helpful info in case you get sent in the direction you didn't come.

There are some other threads on this forum discussing NP and the parking nightmares. Suggest you do a search on Nissan Pavilion and you will find them.

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
552 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to concert an Nissan Pavillion Sunday 7/12 - Need help

The concert you are going to is going to be 95% parking lot goers and 5% concert goers. If you want to park in the VIP Parking area (I believe it's still $20) you will need to get there early, so you would leave your hotel when the gates open (which is 4:30 pm for this show). Getting to the concert is never much of a problem and the back up usually isn't too bad, especially on a Sunday when you aren't competing with local rush hour traffic. The issue is at the end of the concert. If you are not parked in VIP, you will have to wait for the Premium and VIP lots to empty first before the general free lot will be let out. I went to Nissan on 6/13 and parked in the general lot. The concert ended at 10:45 and I live 5 miles from Nissan and I didn't get home until 1:15 am. The VIP Parking lot is marked with a large blinking sign, just follow that sign to the VIP Parking entrance if you choose to use that one.

By using VIP Parking, you will be the first cars let out of the parking lot.

As for directions to and from, going to the concert, you can take any of the main roads (such as Balls Ford or Sudley Manor) from Sudley Road/234 to Wellington Road and turn left, but only if you head out at 4:30 because they do close some of the roads on Wellington as traffic builds. Your best bet is to just use 66.

Coming home, the roads are all blocked off. You are forced out of 2 exits, one going left to 66 and the other going right for non-66 local residents. You will want to go 66.

When you get to the hotel, talk to the front desk and they can give you a local map and some info about Nissan since many concert goers stay in that hotel.

Have fun!

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
552 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to concert an Nissan Pavillion Sunday 7/12 - Need help

This should say turn "right:"

you can take any of the main roads (such as Balls Ford or Sudley Manor) from Sudley Road/234 to Wellington Road and turn right.

Otherwise, you'll be coming to my house. ;o)

VA
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to concert an Nissan Pavillion Sunday 7/12 - Need help

Okay, Back from the concert. I'll tell what happened for me in case anyone else checks this post for advise in the future. We stayed at Fairfield Inn (nice, recommend it) just off Sudley Rd. Left hotel at 5:15, got food at super K-mart and Taco Bell off Sudley Rd @ Sudley Manor. Took Sudley Manor to the right, followed it til it intersected with Wellington Rd (road Nissan Pavilion is on). When reached Pavilion, traffic as far back as you could see trying to turn into parking lot from the right, we turned in going left and went straight in ... no waiting. We did decide on VIP parking to try and not have the long wait after concert (tell the attendent who waves you in ... you will have to turn to the left across the parking lot) got parking lot C which was next to small wooded strip with nice shady trees, large grassy area, and picnic tables. Lots of people tailgating, picnicing. We took our food to a picnic table (we shared with another nice couple we met) under a tree, and relaxed, ate, and people watched til the inner gates opened at around 6:20. This was a Def Leppard concert, people around us overall were friendly, there were other families there with "tween" age kids (my son is 12), we did see some people with beer, etc. but no-one was too "out of the way" that we saw around us. After concert had to wait about 5 minutes for the guy at the end of our row to que us into the line out of VIP parking. Got to exit pretty quick, everyone was being turned to the left (no choice) toward I-66. You followed Wellington to University Dr then toward the 66 exit. Long line was forming all ready trying to merge onto 66. Up ahead though, I saw a stop light at intersection with Lee Highway. I knew this road ran in back of our hotel from exploring around earlier, and it was not blocked off, so I pulled out of line, turned right at stoplight, followed a fairly deserted Lee Highway a couple miles down the road, turned right onto Sudley Rd, then left to the hotel. We were out off the concert and back to our hotel in about 20 to 25 minutes. Thankfully no Nissan Pavilion horror story for me! If you are from out of town and unfamiliar with the area like we were, maybe this will help you, though I am sure not every experience will be the same.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to concert an Nissan Pavillion Sunday 7/12 - Need help

Impressed that you found your way around. Good job!

Always a good idea to drive around and find the "lay of the land" before venturing out if you have spare time.

You discovered 29 and 234 right in the middle of the Manassas National Battlefield park- a good back way back to your hotel. (A nightmare during afternoon rush hour going the other way.)

As you discovered, the Nissan Pavilion was built with very little acceptable road infrastructure around it. Much to the chagrin of those of us who live out that way. They have made many improvements, and I understand it is better than it used to be. A lot of the issues depend on the concert you are going to. I hear Jimmy Buffet traffic is nuts.

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
552 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to concert an Nissan Pavillion Sunday 7/12 - Need help

That's why I push VIP parking on everyone. It's not something listed on the website it's more of a word of mouth thing because it's so limited.

Thanks for coming back and updating for us.

7. Re: Going to concert an Nissan Pavillion Sunday 7/12 - Need help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 11, 2010