We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nissan Pavillion... hints, advice?

Which Manassas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Nissan Pavillion... hints, advice?

I am attending the Radiohead concert on 5/11 and would like to know some things, as I have never been.

I will be driving down from Frederick, MD a few hours before the show begins... is there a good way to get there to avoid traffic?

Do they allow tailgating, alcohol and grills in the parking lot before shows?

Is there a good method to get out before the traffic snarls? I have heard horror stories about it taking 2+ hrs to leave a show.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

arlington
2 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Nissan Pavillion... hints, advice?

Last year they stated that the Lots opened at 3, but they allowed people into the VIP parking area beginning at noon, does anyone know what time they will actually start letting people in?

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
552 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Nissan Pavillion... hints, advice?

I check with my friend. The gate do open at noon.

She said that last year she got there at 1:30 and they were one of the last cars able to get into VIP Parking.

So plan to get there at noon.

texasmld
2 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Nissan Pavillion... hints, advice?

Does anybody know if there are any rules about chairs for the lawn in the Nissan Pavilion? Ex. 6 inch legs or shorter, like in the Virginia Beach Ampitheater.

southern maryland
1 post
Save Reply
24. Re: Nissan Pavillion... hints, advice?

hello fellow parrot heads..i am also going tonight..i dont know about the chairs...does anyone know about bringing my hooptie rv to the concert tonight and if i can crash there for a while after the concert from drinking a little too much? is there separate parking for rvs anyone know?

arlington
2 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Nissan Pavillion... hints, advice?

yes you can bring chairs for the lawn, there is separate parking for rv's but you have to be out a few hours after the show

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
552 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Nissan Pavillion... hints, advice?

Website says "Personal lawn chairs - seat must be no higher than 9 inches off the ground"

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
552 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Nissan Pavillion... hints, advice?

My friend recommends moving the RV to the Lowes or Target parking lots after the show.

If you stay until the lot is cleared out, that should give you 2 hours at least.

28. Re: Nissan Pavillion... hints, advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 03, 2010