We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Brierley Hill...
2 posts
Save Topic
winter sun

HI i;m thinking of booking a winter holiday Jan/Feb 2914 to Malta any advice as to where to stay best locations /hotels would be greatly appreciated. My wife and i are in our mid 70;s and quite active no problems with walking or getting around.We would like all inclusive or at least half board.

Thanking you in anticipation R.G.Eaves.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,303 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: winter sun

Sliema would be ideal nice long promonade on the bus route to Valetta or for the ferry to Gozo the Park hotel would suit you nicely have a few dancing nights for over 50ies. You can get an apartement or several other offers but would goB/B as Malta has lots of great restaurants and lots within walking distance.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: winter sun

The Dolmen is a lovely hotel in the St Pauls Bay area with a nice pool area, cafe and restaurants. It is an easy 10 minute walk to Bugibba Square. I too would recommend bed and breakfast since there is a good selection of restaurants for all tastes and budgets in the near vicinity. Bugibba also has a nice promenade although possibly not as nice as the one between Sliema and St Julians mentioned by Wrappido above (I am a little biased). If you would like to extend your possibilities to other locations I would be happy to provide suggestions around St Julians however I am sure you will be happy with Bugibba which is perfect for the more mature ( young at heart) age group.

Brierley Hill...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: winter sun

Hi many thanks to you both for your reply it was very helpful.

Best regards R.G.Eaves.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: winter sun

Canifor hotel or Bella Vesta hotels in Bigibba/Qawra very much caters for your age group in Winter time. Some a long stayers as well as short term holiday makers.

Like Tripalot I am bias towards Bugibba, However you should take nothing from Sliema. It is also a lovely town. Mellieha up north is another nice sleepy village. popular with the older generation. Ideal for some peace and quiet.

Wherve you decide, I would recommend a weekly bus pass (16 EUROS). With this you can explore Malta with ease. It is a small island.

Don't expect much warm weather. In fcat, Malta can be cool, wet and windy in Winter months!!! Pack some warm clothing!!

Cheers

Cas

uk
Level Contributor
409 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: winter sun

I would recommend the Soreda for log stay in Jan/Feb, there are lots of similar people in this hotel that time of year, I would also recommend half board as it can sometimes be cold in the evening and you might not feel like going out in it.

Edited: 3:41 am, April 19, 2013
6. Re: winter sun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba