We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best airline to malta ?

Which Bugibba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
705 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Best airline to malta ?

Hi , My partener and i are thinking about going to malta round about the first week in may. Which arline is better to go with eg for leg room as my fella is 6 foot 2 and hates being cramped. Many thanks.

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best airline to malta ?

Air Malta by far Its near the same price as Easyjet and Ryan Air, but you get 20kg luggage allowance, food on the plane. Last time i flew with them snow disrupted flights to Heathrow, they diverted flight to Gatwick and coached us there. Easyjet etc would of just given you your money back and cancelled flight.

Plus Airmalta has one of the best safety records in the world and the best in Europe for not loosing luggage.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best airline to malta ?

Another vote for Air Malta

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best airline to malta ?

Easyjet are great for price as long as you book well in advance, if you're booking close to when you're going then you might be better going with Air Malta. Should check the prices differences and decide if you want to pay more on Air Malta for such perks like "food" etc, personally on a short flight it isn't something I personally worry about.

Easyjet are a budget airline but aren't as bad as the program "Airline" made out all those years ago. For short flights they are fine.

Leg room isn't brilliant but should be fine for someone around 6 foot for such a short flight - about 3:30hrs from Manchester to Malta.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best airline to malta ?

i flew with Thomson Airways from Manchester to Malta in 2009, dont recall any problems & they were the cheapest at the time (Sept).

manchester
Level Contributor
705 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best airline to malta ?

Hi Thanks to you all for your advice and info. Easy jet seem to be a bit cheaper plus the flight times are much better, i just cant decide on a hotel now , we are looking for a good allinclusive hotel with nice comfy rooms good food etc. I will post another question about this . Many thanks once again.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best airline to malta ?

Hi Emerald

Easyjet legroom is 29 inches , and Airmalta is 30 in Economy and 32 in Club .

You can pay more and book an overwing exit seat to have more legroom for your fella , on Airmalta ?!

Enjoy your flight

Bugibba, Malta
Destination Expert
for Bugibba
Level Contributor
547 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best airline to malta ?

Ryanair, no doubts

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best airline to malta ?

If you are disabled be very wary of Easyjet

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2086376/Easyjet…

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best airline to malta ?

Don't think the OP said anything about disabled.

Dustyjoe have you had a bad experience with Easyjet? you seem to knock them a lot. I have flown with Easyjet for the past 16 or so years and never had a problem, infact they've even been very good when I nearly missed the flight once too.

I've flown with other airlines too and never had a problem but they also weren't any worse or better than Easyjet. Had a problem with Ryanair once and had to pay excess on baggage.

I guess if you have one bad experience with one company flying then it tends to tarnish your whole opinion of them.

For anyone flying I suppose it is cost vs comfort. If you want extras with better airlines then you pay more, if you want no frills A to B then there usually isn't much better than Easyjet.

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best airline to malta ?

I seem to knock them alot.. You surmise that from me saying AirMalta are better and pointing out a couple of facts :o/

Can you find any other threads to back your claim i knock Easyjet a lot?

Thats like me calling you an Easyjet fan boy, because you sure stick up for them a lot. I use Easyjet, but the fact is Airmalta is a better airline

Oh and another reason i would choose Airmalta over Easyjet, the stampede to get a seat on the plane. Who needs that hassle when you are starting or finishing a holiday.

Edited: 8:05 am, January 15, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations