We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gym in Bugibba?

Which Bugibba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London,England
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Gym in Bugibba?

Hi am starting to look for holiday for next year!!!!! I know it is early but.... My husband enjoys going to the gym and 2 weeks away from it causes him to go into shock!! Does anyone know if there is a local gym in Bugibba that you can join for a couple of weeks or is it best to go to hotel which has a gym? I have read several reviews on hotels that have a gym and they complain gym facilities of a poor standard. If anyone can recommend a hotel with a good quality gym or a local gym it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gym in Bugibba?

Best Hotel gym in Malta is not in Bugibba but in st Julians , the Intercontinental Cynergi

maltahotel.net/hotel/intercontinental-hotel-…

Depends on your choice of hotel in Bugibba . I have never checked the Gyms in the Qawra Palace or the Suncrest .

I would suggest you tell your husband to change his gym time to trekking time and swimming time , or possibly hire a bike and tour Malta on a bike !

Welcome to Malta

London,England
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gym in Bugibba?

Thanks for your quick reply! My husband will certainly do the treking not sure about the bike but I looked into the gym. It looks just what he wil be looking for have emailed to find out prices. Thanks again

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gym in Bugibba?

I am more of the book near the pool with a beer gang lately , but I have been to a gym in bugibba at the San Antonio Hotel and it is "good" if you use machines and not free weights , since it has a small number of steppers , bikes ,treadmills and airwalkers , plus a good sauna and indoor jacuzzi .

The cynergi gym has 10 times more equipment and members too ,and it gets crowded in the evenings , but is large and well layed out with lots of machines for different parts of traing , plus a sauna and indoor pool .

There is abus service from Bugibba to St Julians and it takes about 20 minutes minimum .

London,England
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gym in Bugibba?

Thanks for all your help.

I to prefer a book and a cocktail by the pool and at least whilst he is at the gym I get some peace!!!

Inverness
Level Contributor
93 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gym in Bugibba?

Speaking as a gym-goer, I'd say Hotel San Antonio has a pretty good gym, a large space, lots of modern equipment and free weights if I recall. You can get memberships by the week, month etc. I don't think you need to travel any further afield. If you're staying in Bugibba check it out first!

I will take a month's membership when I'm there next January. (Although I'll be staying somewhere else.)

The Dolmen Hotel has something similar.

6. Re: Gym in Bugibba?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, April 15, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations