We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby friendly?

Which Bugibba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
fife, scotland
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Baby friendly?

Hiya,

We are taking our (now) 1 year old to Malta in April when he will be nearly 2. He has been on a fair few holidays and isn't particularly hard to keep entertained but I think this may change by the time he hits the terrible 2s!

We are staying at the Dolmen resort. Is there much to do round about the hotel? If we will need to take taxis do they have infant seats available? We have transfers booked from airport so thats not an issue it's more for going out and about in general. Are there any 'must do's' for toddlers?

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,415 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby friendly?

The Dolmen is very well positioned only a few minutes from thr front and about a couple of hundred yards from the bus station.

I must say I have never seen any child seats in taxis but I have seen lots of young children being taken on the buses as many of the newer ones have space for a buggy/ pram.

Like most Mediteranian people , the Maltese love children and you will find they are welcomed everywhere.

Don`t worry about the terrible 2 ` s ------ it usually only lasts until they are about 35 ! ! !

Hope your whole family have a good time in Malta.

Graham.

fife, scotland
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby friendly?

That sounds great! I'm sure we'll have a lovely time. Thanks for your response.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby friendly?

In April it's usually warm enough to paddle in the hotel's pool or to play on the sandy beach nearby. You could buy a small inflatable pool and that should keep him happy.

I've never seen taxi's with car seats but , to be honest, never checked. Do the taxi's abroad have car seats ?

There is a Mac D in Bugibba that is just by the sea and has a good kids play area

There are many restaurants nearby that would be suitable for taking young children .

I'm sure there is a play ground along the Promenade - Graham is there one ?

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby friendly?

There is a very good play area at the Mac D and a playing field somewhere further up the front if I remember correctly . was last there abot 10 years ago .

Hiya 2304

They get more difficult to entertain as the years go by , and far more expensive from my experience . Enjoy it , till they start replying with a " You do not knoww.." or a definate " No ". Were you ever 14 years old :-) and now appreciate what patience your parents had ?

Happy fathers day to all , 365 days a year :-)

Edited: 4:57 pm, June 20, 2010
5. Re: Baby friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 18, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations