We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short break in Malta alone in November

Which Bugibba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
3 posts
Save Topic
Short break in Malta alone in November

I'm a friendly woman in my mid-30s who is thinking of taking a 4-6 night break in Malta during early to mid November.

Would love to hear from other female travellers who have traveled to Malta alone. Was it safe? Did you find it relaxing and friendly in general? Which resorts would you recommend? (I am thinking of Bugibba).

Also, what is the weather like at that time of the year?

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,330 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short break in Malta alone in November

As you may possibly tell from my name I am not a female,but I may be able to give you some advice with your question.

My good lady,the memsahib, travelled to Malta on her own for nearly 20 years and spent nearly 5 months a year there over the winter period. She always felt very safe and found it an easy place to live for these long periods. You will be very safe walking about even at night. Crime is very low but obviously caution is advised but I have never felt any dangers or threat.

Bugibba/Qawra/St Pauls Bay (which are in effect one place) would be extremeley suitable. There are plenty of shops, cafes, bars and restaurants etc and is well positioned to explore the island.

Valletta is a 50 minute bus ride away and Mosta and Mdina are both easily accesible.

The Maltese people are very friendly, very helpfull and nearly all speak English

As for the weather it can be very mixed in November, There can be some rain at this time and it can be warm and sunny but a jumper/cardigan/jacket will be needed at night.

Even though I am not female, and do not intend to have the nesesary operation to become one I hope my reply has been of some help.

Wish you an enjoyable stay on this lovely island.

Graham.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short break in Malta alone in November

Graham has summed it nicely and I agree 100%.

You should find some cracking good deals , this time of the year , try this site for starters

www.maltadirect.com/AnitePage.aspx…

Plenty of choice and you could get a friend to share the costs .

AMC643

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Short break in Malta alone in November

Hi we like Graham are St. Paul's bay fans and love the walk along the prom during the evening. We usually go in November and as long as you have a brolly find you can dodge the showers usually in a cafe or bar to while away the time.

We often would speak to single ladies at that time, so they are out there feeling safe. There always seems to be people to sit and talk to, many older Maltese are lovely and have the time just to chat. You will find at that time there are a lot of 'old' about, but I think they are most interesting to talk to. I too have been on my own if hubby has gone of snorkeling, rock hopping, or something else, and never felt the least worried.

Although not travelling on her own my 77 year old mum with her female friend also felt very safe walking about in Malta in Oct / Nov, even with the darker evenings.

I think if you take standard precautions you would take anywhere you will be fine - go and enjoy Regards Trisha

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short break in Malta alone in November

I agree with all of the above three posters. Go for it and enjoy it

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Short break in Malta alone in November

Sorry my post above should have read lots of 'Olds' about. Sometimes (in our 40's) we did feel like the junior membors of the November club!! But maybe we just hang about in area's where older people go. Regards Trisha

PS Thanks Twirl for my welcome back the other day - I have beaten my Demons by booking flights back to Malta. I can't believe I haven't been on TA since April.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Short break in Malta alone in November

Bugibba area is fine.

Once you are an out going person, you shouldn't find it difficult to chat to people in cafes or restaurants.

I also like Sliema. I suggest you get the direct bus to Sliema Ferries. There are lots of cafes there and it's easy to find people to talk to there (local and forei gn). There are also harbour cruises you can take.

Have a look at the Top Questions on the right.

There were similar questions some time ago. Maybe if you put words like 'female' 'woman' 'lone' 'alone' in the search box on top you'll get the info.

If you go to the Malta forum you'll find lots of Top Questions that should help you further.

Malta is very safe so you won't have problems.

7. Re: Short break in Malta alone in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, April 08, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations