We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunseeker Apartments

Scotland
Level Contributor
231 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Sunseeker Apartments

Hi has anyone been to this hotel recently. The reviews seem really good. We are a family of four looking to come to Malta for a history lesson in October and wonder if this place is suitable I know it is in the centre of Bugibba so is it really noisy? Is Bugibba a big place? Any advice/info appreciated. Thanks Lilianne x

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,883 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunseeker Apartments

The Sunseeker Apartments look very nice. I have never stayed in them but have had a good look round them. Have spoken to several people that have used this accomodation and have not heard a bad report. The rooms seem clean and in good order and it seemed well run.

Bugibba is quite large because along with Qawra and St. Pauls Bay it is in effect one large town. St. Pauls Bay is the older part.

The Sunseeker is on a fairly quiet side street set well back so noise will not be a problem.

You will only be 5 minutes from the bus terminal so all the historical sites will be easy to get to.

Malta has some wonderfull history so come and enjoy it.

Graham.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunseeker Apartments

Have a look at the Top Question on the right. There is also included a video clip of Bugibba.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunseeker Apartments

Have a look at the Top Question on the right. There is also included a video clip of Bugibba.

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunseeker Apartments

Hi Lilianne,

Good choice. The Sunseeker Holiday Complex is one of the hotels I would recommend. As grahamwhitton wrote, it is a clean well run family concern, and is very convieniently located. It is away from the noise of the nightlife, but just a 5 minute walk to Bugibba centre, or to Tourist Street, Qawra(up a short hill), where you will find a huge selection of restaurants and bars, with or without music, if you wish to indulge.

If you came with a holiday company, it is advisable not to book your day excurions to Malta's historic sights with them, as they are a complete rip-off. There are many shops who provide the same, if not better, trips and are much cheaper. I recommend Mary's. You will find her shop on the left hand corner(opposite Trollees supermarket)of the first right before you get to the bus terminal in Tourist Street. She also gives a much better exchange rate than the banks.

Check out their website at:

www.sunseekersholidaycomplex.com

Have a good holiday.

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunseeker Apartments

Hi Lilianne,

One point I failed to mention is the problem of the dreaded 'TIMESHARE TOUTS'. You will almost certainly be approached by these pests, who's first line is 'Are you English'. They even leap out of cars. They will offer you anything from money, free cigarettes and booze, to free holidays, if you just go and view the apartments where they work. Your best bet is to KEEP WALKING and tell them you are not interested. They have the gift of the gab, so do not start a conversation with them.

I don't want this post to make you regret going to Malta, as they are no more annoying than mosquitos, I just wanted to warn you not to believe a word they say, because it could be very costly.

6. Re: Sunseeker Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations