We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topaz Hotel

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Topaz Hotel

Looking at the Topaz Hotel for October anyone have any views on this I would be grateful

Mentioned in this post
Topaz Hotel
Topaz Hotel
1,773 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
11,363 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Topaz Hotel

For the last 4 years I have stayed at the Topaz Hotel from November to Feb/March. Like most 3/4 star Maltese hotels the rooms are a little basic but are very clean with the maid coming every day to clean and replace towels, some of which are a bit worn but very clean. There is a large lounge where guests tend to sit and chat. Food likes and dislikes seem to be a very personel choise but I generally enjoyed the food and there was enough choise that there was no need to go hungry. In fact the apple crumble and custard is the best I ever tasted and one evenigg I had two dishes full in lieu of main course!! The hotel may not be in the nicest part of Malta but there are convenient bars and shops. The bus stop is abouttwo or three minutes walk away. I have no doubt other people will have a contrary view of the Topaz but I feel it may not be the Savoy but it is good value for money. I am sure you will enjoy your stay. Graham.

Mentioned in this post
Topaz Hotel
Topaz Hotel
1,773 Reviews
Island of Malta, Malta
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
11,363 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Topaz Hotel

Just remembered something, Make sure you ask for a room in the main part of the hotel not in the annexes under the tunnel and over the road, be very addament about this.

Bugibba, Malta
Destination Expert
for Bugibba
Level Contributor
771 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Topaz Hotel

Please note that with this "tunnel" you dont leave the hotel.You simply walk through the hotel reception,down the hall,down a few steps,then this "tunnel" is basically another hall with pictures etc.

The way people call it tunnel and underpasses etc made me think i'd be leaving the hotel and seeing graffiti on the walls and beer cans lying about !

The two things I disliked about the hotel was the maid service (they can come at any time between 8am and 5pm and even if you have DO NOT DISTURB on your door they will knock and come in.),and the noise echo of people closing doors and moving seats(maybe the main hotel and not the annex is different?)

However,I think you'll struggle to find a better hotel at the cost.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Topaz Hotel

Thanks a lot for the responce sounds ok to me

gillingham
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Topaz Hotel

did you stay in the annex at the topaz hotel ive recently found out we are, heard all bad reviews is it that bad??

6. Re: Topaz Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 04, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations