We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmas

london
Level Contributor
564 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
christmas

thinking of going to malta at christmas (bugibbi),have been so many times before,but never at christmas,can anyone tell me whats its like and are the bars open there,any help please.lynne

london
Level Contributor
564 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: christmas

also i forgot to ask what are the tempertures in malta december and january thanks lynne

boltonuk
Level Contributor
128 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: christmas

Christmas is quiet, the bars will be open but it is pretty much the same as any other day out of season!

As for the weather, it will be cold at night and a cold wind blowing during the day. You can find sheltered spots from the wind and if so then you should find it to be a warm sun. Temp' will be around 60f in the shade.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: christmas

If I had a choice I would choose Sliema to stay in over Christmas.

Bugibba might have some decorations in the shops and streets but I don't think there will be much Christmas spirit about in the streets.

Most of the bars will be open and so will the restaurants.

Sliema Ferries and Valletta are both very Christmasy and shops open on Sundays before Christmas.

Have a look at the coming events before you come over as there will be various Carol Services, Pantomimes, Crib exhibitions etc.

lanarkshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: christmas

i have spent last ten christmases in st pauls bay but go into bugibba day and night most bars are open much the same as summer only a lot cooler eating places and bars all very festive if your not in a hotel and need to eat out christmas day better to book beforehand as everywhere very busy hope to spend christmas and new year in malta depends on flights from scotland if any looking forward to 17th aug when i will be back in malta

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: christmas

sandonlanarkshire = That's good to know.

london
Level Contributor
564 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: christmas

thanks for your help,everyone also going to malta end of august,cant wait love it there.

7. Re: christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 20, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba