We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Trip Advisor

Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New to Trip Advisor

Hi all, I am a refugee from another popular holiday forum with well over 2000 postings to my name, my wife and I are making our 30th visit to Malta this November so we have a wealth of info about the Maltese Islands, should anyone have any questions then I will only be to happy to answer them and of course contribute to other topics already on here, and in the future, I look forward to talking with you all.

Regards

Siggiewi4

Comino, Malta
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: New to Trip Advisor

Hi Lynne, Tazi prices in Malta are now strictly regulated or at least there is legislation laid down by the Government regarding prices, HOWEVER, this dosn't stop taxi drivers in Malta from ripping people off big time, I once read in the Times of Malta that on average a taxi driver in Malta could earn something like 3 times the wage of the prime minister, no kidding ! this was a genuine report front page about 6 years or so ago in T.O.M, and no it wasn't April 1st, any hoo I digress, this link off the government website should help www.gov.mt/frame.asp…

HOWEVER, I would strongly reccomend that you book your taxi before you arrive in Malta and agree your price etc by e-mail to take with you, if you wish I will happilly PM you a few very honest and reputable taxi firms that won't rip you off, and will be there to meet you, just let me know.

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,833 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: New to Trip Advisor

Does anyone know the date for mothers day in malta? Is it the same as the UK

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: New to Trip Advisor

I think it's fixed as the second or third Sunday in May.

24. Re: New to Trip Advisor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations