We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seashells Qawra???

Which Qawra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Seashells Qawra???

Looking to book any feedback would help ! Thx in advance

London, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seashells Qawra???

Hi

We went in July and whilst it was OK, would not go back, reception area is very nice, but rooms are a bit disappointing and really need an update. My son had is own room and for the first 3 days his balcony wouldn't lock, took ages to get it fixed and we ended up reporting it three times.

Lifts are very erratic and we got stuck in one, took approx 10 minutes for someone to acknowledge we were in there and then another 15-20 minutes to get us out, its was absolutely boiling and no offer of a drink was forthcoming!!

Swimming pool was very nice but got very crowded with the normal beds being taken routine. At one stage I was hemmed in by people who had moved beds all around me, unfortunately they smoked constantly so not a pleasant experience.

We went on a B&B basis so can only comment on that, which was either undercooked or burnt, not much in the middle! No decent drinks in the morning and thimble size glasses as well.

Malta is lovely and we have been a few times, we would always go back to Malta but not to Seashells.

Best wishes

Lee

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seashells Qawra???

Thank you for your view, it has confirmed what I thought ..........I shall keep looking !! Once again thank you for taking the time to respond

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
944 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seashells Qawra???

I visited in September and i had a really great time at Seashells, especially for the price i paid for half board.

Luckily i never had any problems with the lifts, but i know that others struggled to get one.

There are 2 breakfast rooms which i found gave plenty of choice. Food was good enough for me, i always found something to eat. Bacon, cereals, croissants and cakes... I took PG Tips so made my own drinks in the breakfast room, the juice did leave a lot to be desired!!

The evening meal i also found nice. Plenty of choice. It was also good that at Seashells you are allowed to swap evening meals for lunch instead . If you are going in the summer months, this is BBQ style outside and is really nice with burgers, hot dogs etc.

Granted, the bedrooms can be seen as being dated but i found them great for us as we spend little time in our room and the rooms have the bonus of free air con, ceiling fan and fridge (which we were allowed to fill with our own items such as water and milk)

Sunbeds are tightly packed i agree. It didnt bother me as everybody i met was really friendly :)

I really wouldnt discount Seashells for your accomodation in Malta. Of course, i wouldnt pay over the odds for it but i found the hotel itself, the location and all the staff really great!

4. Re: Seashells Qawra???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations