We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers from airport to san antiono hotel

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Transfers from airport to san antiono hotel

Hi

Trying to find the best value transfers from Malta int airport to the San Antonio Hotel in Qwara. Don't fancy a high cost taxi, but also don't want to spend an hour on the bus! any tips?

Also is Qwara the same location as Bugibba?

Thanks

Bugibba, Malta
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers from airport to san antiono hotel

Hi Marvin,

You have already mentioned the two options from the airport to the San Antonio Hotel. A taxi can cost from 18 euros (private taxi) to 25 euros (airport taxi). You may be lucky to book a mini-bus and share the fare, or get the X3 bus to the bus station at Qawra, about a 10 min walk to the San Antonio Hotel at a cost of 2.20 euros. Qawra and Bugibba are joined and are considered to be one big resort just a short walk from each other.

Have a good holiday.

Edited: 12:31 pm, September 10, 2013
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,883 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers from airport to san antiono hotel

Why not take the X3 bus and enjoy the ride round Malta seeing some of the sights.

As stated the San Antonio Hotel is only about 250 metres from the bus station.

Graham

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,315 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers from airport to san antiono hotel

Look at travel republic. We got a private taxi from them at a cost of 21 pounds return. Have used them for many years and never had a problem. We always stay in San Antonio hotel you will enjoy.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
973 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers from airport to san antiono hotel

Just had a look for myself as I arrive this time next week and I'm very impressed with the price of Travel Republic.

I was just wondering what will happen with Thomas Cook if I book private transfer as I've booked a transfer with them. Will I need to inform them before I arrive?

Edited: 4:01 pm, September 10, 2013
Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers from airport to san antiono hotel

Have used travel republic transfers three times and they are excellent.

hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfers from airport to san antiono hotel

One option not mentioned yet is an airport shuttle. These can be booked via the airport website and cost less than half the price of a taxi (so if two people are travelling a taxi works out at little more). If you do a Google search for shuttles, you can find several shu ltle companies costing as little as €6.50 return.

You might want to note that Transport Malta have suspended the use of bendy buses so the X3 bus is being operated by independent coach operators. The X3 can take over an hour to qawra even at off peak times.

7. Re: Transfers from airport to san antiono hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations