We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

qawra to santa lucia

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
207 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
qawra to santa lucia

good evening phil and apologies for the gaff.

staying in qawra from 18june to 5th july. wife karen would like to take part in a tai chi class in santa lucia on sunday 23 june at 10.oc in the garden of serenity. what bus would you reckon on and what time would one need to leave qawra to be on time. any help would be appreciated.

kindest regasrds

pat

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,234 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: qawra to santa lucia

Hi Pat

The answer to your question is as follows:

- Take bus X3 from Bugibba Bus Station at 0815 and alight at bus stop "Nazzarenu" (which is the bus stop that the bus calls at after Paola Square) at approximately 0928.

- Then walk for approximately 750 metres (or 10 minutes) to get to the Garden of Serenity - see http://goo.gl/maps/AY3ZT .

Ironically, when the bus leaves bus stop Nazzarenu, it actually goes past the Garden of Serenity, but does not have a stop there. On the way back, bus X3 picks up at Nazzarenu at 20 and 50 minutes past each hour, or you can take bus 83 from the bus stops in Santa Lucia estate itself at 1058, 1158 or 1258.

Hope this helps - I take it you are aware that Santa Lucia is a large modern(ish) housing estate rarely frequented by tourists, so your wife is likely to be the only non-Maltese person there !

Regards

Phil-the-Bus

Edited: 6:22 pm, June 02, 2013
Sussex
Level Contributor
290 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: qawra to santa lucia

I'm so glad you asked this question, and of course for Phil-the-Bus's answer, as I just couldn't seem to locate the Garden of Serenity on the map. Now I have both the location and travel info! :)

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
207 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: qawra to santa lucia

just in case you are interested. there is an open air tai chi class

on sunday mornings at 10 ish. this should add to the beauty of the garden.

Sussex
Level Contributor
290 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: qawra to santa lucia

Thanks Pat, I'll consider it but somehow I don't think I'm going to manage to get up in time ;)

Tralee, Ireland
Level Contributor
207 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: qawra to santa lucia

off to malta tomorrow. may i offer a heart felt thank you to all forum members who helped in my research. special thanks to phil the bus and markmellieha.

kindest regards

pat

6. Re: qawra to santa lucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations