We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qwara - ? Right choice

Which Qawra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
166 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Qwara - ? Right choice

Hi, husband and I in early 60's would like to visit Malta end August or September. We like the sun, sightseeing, nice walks, eating out etc. Having read descriptions of places in Malta we thought Qwara sounded right for us. However, some reviews on Qwara have given me the impression it could be too full of night life for us (I.e. tourist street). We like places that are fairly busy with some night life as we are young at heart. Can anyone tell me would Qwara suit us or would we be better staying elsewhere. The resort North of the Island, Mellehulia ( not spelt correctly I know) sounds a little too quiet for us.

Many thanks.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Qwara - ? Right choice

Qawra is a good choice and unlike Mellieha or Sliema a purpose build resort. Mellieha is hilly, Sliema very busy, but cosmopolitan.

At Qawra you will enjoy sea front walks, quieter bars and restaurants can easily be found. Research the forum here for better hotels as there are too many below standard establishments in that part of the island.

Enjoy - Mark

12. Re: Qwara - ? Right choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations