We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qawra hotel inn, malta

Which Qawra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Qawra hotel inn, malta

Hi everyone, Can anyone give me advise on this hotel. Also is it true that it is fully non-smoking, inside and out?

Thanks

Caroline

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,975 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qawra hotel inn, malta

Carrie55 I had a look at some previous posts about this hotel some not good but apparently they got a new Manager last October and he has improved the place no end. If you type in the name of the hotel you want to look into on the top left hand side of thispage you should get previous posts.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qawra hotel inn, malta

I can't see it being no smoking outside.

It's not the most popular of hotels and is still, despite any facelifts or management changes, referred to as Fawlty Towers, The Stalag and other derogatory titles. But hey it is what it is and you get what you pay for ... it's cheap and sometimes cheerful. There are many that swear they will not ever return but there are also those that return over and over.

My advice is not to let it worry you too much. This is no more than a base and place for you to sleep.

I've stayed there once but it would be unfair of me to review it now as it was probably about 10 years ago when it was still the Palm Court Hotel. For the 6 hours a night I was there it was okay.

Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Qawra hotel inn, malta

Hi wrappido,

Thank you so much for your reply. There are so many mixed reviews. I suppose everywhere is what you make of it yourself. If it is under new management that may help too. I will keep an eye for new posts.

Thanks a million,

Caroline

Ireland
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Qawra hotel inn, malta

Hi scubapro 1957,

Thank you for replying to my message. The smoking thing has me confused. I think i am going to book anyways as i am getting a really good deal.

Whats the worst that can happen!!!

Thanks again,

Caroline

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,975 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qawra hotel inn, malta

Carrie 55 if you want a nice place to stay may I suggest somewhere around Sliema plenty of hotels that are not that expensive.You are beside St Julians and Paceville where most of the nightclubs are you can smoke outside any of them if you want lotsof restaurants and if you want a sandy beach you can always hop up to St Pauls by bus most places are easy to get to and the bus fares are .47 and 1.16 by far cheaper than Dublin.I personally like the Park Hotel in Sliema indoor and outdoor pool and you can have an apartement if you want to live cheapely but restaurants are fairly cheap as well.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
7,975 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qawra hotel inn, malta

Carrie55 do you know that if you gave up smoking you can go away every 10 weeks if you smoke 20 a day I used to smoke 80 a day and go away about every 4 weeks so give up smoking and go to Malta.

Leeds, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Qawra hotel inn, malta

hi carrie. i would stay well away from this so called hotel. i would def not stay there ever again. ants everywhere. when you complain they dont do nothing about it and rude. go elsewhere. my advice.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
594 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qawra hotel inn, malta

Carrie 55 you will find all Hotels, will be non smoking its the E/U Law, but in your room/balcony or outside no problem. Check this out KNOWKATS 31 OCT 2010 SAINT JULIANS this may put your mind at rest, have a wonderful time in MALTA.

Sussex
Level Contributor
263 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qawra hotel inn, malta

For a similarly inexpensive hotel, try the Relax Inn in Bugibba.

It's not flash, it's not the most modern, but it is clean and the people who run it are very nice and helpful. It's close to the main square and not too long a walk from the bus terminus.

If you're after a pool, there is only a splash pool as it's only a small hotel. I can't say what the food was like as I only did breakfast but it's very close to a variety of restaurants so no trouble finding eats.

It depends on what you're looking for in a holiday/hotel but this one is inexpensive and clean.

London, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qawra hotel inn, malta

If you really want to know what the Qawra Inn is like, search for it under its old name, the Palm Court Hotel.

New name, but same old hotel!

Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations