We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IL Palazzin Hotel??

Which Qawra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cardiff
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
IL Palazzin Hotel??

Hi there, after reading up on everyone's inside knowledge of Malta, I am very impressed. I have already picked up lots of tips but was wondering if anyone has ever stayed at Il Palazzin and if so what their experience has been? Be brutal please as if it isn't wonderful I would rather know so that I can find somewhere else to stay. I am going the last week of July (I know it will be hot and packed full of people but it is the only time we can get away,) I don't have any children, it's just me and the hubby and we are in our early thirties. If anyone has any tips about where to go or where else to stay if our hotel is not great then please please please help me out!Thanks Cath

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Malta, Sliema
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IL Palazzin Hotel??

I have never been inside the Palazzin , but I think that in life , one does not expect 5* services at 2* prices . If you read the reviews on the TA forum you will not find many good ones ...which is not very good for you.

At £30 for a double room , you get bed and aircon in the centre of St Pauls bay...which is not bad if you intend to spend most of the time on the beach and out sightseeing . Close to the restaurants and pubs for the late night walk and maybe even souvenier shopping.

Don't expect too much and enjoy the bargain price ...if you want real 5* ...you need to pay 4 times the price.

I think I was not brutal enough ! I've been to worse places ..when I was your age ...even slept under a tree in my sleeping bag ...but that was years ago :-)

cardiff
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: IL Palazzin Hotel??

Thanks for your reply! I am not really expecting loads for my money but I would like to know if the hotel is clean and the staff are friendly etc. We will be out most of the time I think as my hubby is a military history fan and we want to see as much of the beautiful island as possible whilst we are there. I do appreciate your comments as I have seen some awful reviews on the websites but also some great ones as well and I was just looking for a little more info!

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IL Palazzin Hotel??

Hi.. I've stayed at the Palazzin and found it quite comfortable. I didn't like the food option which really did seem to cater for the German market and the pool suffers with shade very early in the day. The hotel itself was okay.

The building is slightly L shaped and the rooms that ar in the "crease" were very nice. It's a very easy walk to all amenities in Qawra and Bugibba

I actually toyed with idea of staying there again this year but got pipped by the Suncrest .. My usual haunt priced itself out of the market this year. Even the Suncrest was touch and go to an all inclusive in Cuba!! and if there's no recovery of sterling soon think this may be my last trip to Malta for a while..

4. Re: IL Palazzin Hotel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations