We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

maltahotel.net/euroresort-malta

ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
maltahotel.net/euroresort-malta

I look into the internet and found this company to book dolmen resort hotel.Has anyone heard of this company and mr John Busuttil or Mr jean peirer pace pls??? U cant book on line and ve to call the company to give in yr credit card details but either person is in when u call. the people at the company gives me the dolmen resort no to book direct. i just wonder if anyone of u has done any booking with them and if it is safe. PLS PLS help me out if u can.

thanks

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: maltahotel.net/euroresort-malta

have just sent you 2 emails but in case you dont see them I wanted to mention that when I paid the deposit & then the rest 45 days before arrival it was all thru the Bank of Valletta using Swift - my husband being an ex banker was quite comfortable with this. Read all the fine print cos a lot depends on the owners of the property eg my apartment owner had requested that we pay a bond - refundable after our stay, husband was not too thrilled but on arrival & after meeting the owner he must of thought we looked trustworthy & honest cos he didnt want the bond ps the owner also was very helpful in explaining how all the appliances worked etc.

ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: maltahotel.net/euroresort-malta

Thank u very much Stella for yr resurance. and thanks for the 2 emails u sent me i will read them now.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: maltahotel.net/euroresort-malta

There are lots of reliable Tour Operators, so if you have any doubts choose another one. Get back to us for help if you need it.

There is a site www.holiday-malta.com run by Euroresort. I don`t know if it`s the same company you are dealing with. If so, people have recommended it.

Put `Dolmen` in the search box on top for more info.

ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: maltahotel.net/euroresort-malta

Thanks HAT776,

i did not book with them i book with alpharooms.com and ve nbook the dolmen resort for my stay. need help again. i check the heritage website and they have various type of tickets for various museums. is it worth getting the ticket that allow u to visit valleta,gozo museums with the hypogeum one and why is the 12md ticket 20 euro and the ordinary ones 10 euro??? is there something special abt the 1md visit??? check the website but it does not say. i was going to book it for the 29th oct.

thanks again. really llloking forward to my trip. will get a car i think and drive round from30/10 to 5/11. will take the cruises to the blue lagoon. if u can think of amywhere that i should see pls tell me.

thanks very much

regds

yap i did go n print out what should not b miss but in case there is anywhere special ot mention. where is a nice place for seafood meal that is not costing a fortuen?? the hotel is half board thinking of skipping one meal to eat out.

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: maltahotel.net/euroresort-malta

Hi ysh. You are better booking the hypogeum now before your visit, the price is €9.32. It is well worth seeing.

The reason the midday tours at 12 noon are €20 is because these are last minute bookings on a first come first served bases, only available the day before or the day of sale. The tours are all the same, it is just that a premium is payable due to supply and demand.

Regards Trisha

ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: maltahotel.net/euroresort-malta

Thanks Trisha, will book the hypogeum tour now for the 29/10. i am really lloking forward to the trip.

thanks very much for all yr help. will book a car with aquarius from 31/10 to 5/11. do u know of a good cruise to take??

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: maltahotel.net/euroresort-malta

As far as I know, the Harbour Cruises all start from Sliema Ferries. I think a visit to Sliema is worthwhile. It has a long promenade and the Ferries is the hub with cafes and shops.

Captain Morgan Cruises are the most well known, but posters have said the other company is better as although the boats are not maybe as attractive, they are smaller and so are able to go into the creeks.

There are direct buses from Bugibba to Sliema which drive along the coast so it is a pleasant drive.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: maltahotel.net/euroresort-malta

suggest you get a detailed map of the roads in malta especially for walking - amazing how you can find shortcuts. eg took me a week before I discovered a much quicker route to the much bigger supermarket than the one I was using in sliema. Walk up & down the side streets of Valletta & around the harbour- visit the Lascaris War rooms all underground - shortcut from Upper Barracks Gardens lots of steps though but fascinating. Must visit Mdina & Rabat. The car is handy for getting to out of way areas but I find getting to a place then wandering around on foot much more interesting. The car for some villages can be a pain re parking & the maze of one way streets etc. which we found out one day - even stopping to ask a local how to get back out onto main road was a head scratching ordeal. But have fun.

ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: maltahotel.net/euroresort-malta

Thanks hat776 and stell for all yr advice e places to visit, car, parking ,cruises and so on. will print it out and make sure i visit the palces u mention stella.

thanks again

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,289 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: maltahotel.net/euroresort-malta

You can go to the following sites to get into the spirit of Malta before you leave

www.visitmalta.com – the official site. Click on views and downloads for video clips

www.supercities.eu – a super site made up entirely of video clips.

www.heartofmalta.com – lots of good info with video clips of hotels

www.starwebmalta.com – bars, restaurants etc listed according to locality

www.searchmalta.com - postcards and info

www.heritagemalta.org - details of museums and heritage sights

www.101malta.com – faq and good info

www.mymalta.com – a different kind of site

www.holidays-malta.com - subsidiary of Air Malta with good varied info

www.holiday-malta.com – a good side by Euro Resort

www.airmalta.com and www.maltairport.com will give up to date info

www.di-ve.com – a local general info portal

atp.com.mt – regular and direct bus schedules

Get answers to your questions about Qawra