We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaview Hotel - is it really as bad as the reviews?

Which Qawra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Seaview Hotel - is it really as bad as the reviews?

I'm going ther at there end of this week and booked booked before seeing these reviews - I'd read some that were OK on another site but am now quite worried! I'm travelling alone and the single room rate was the deciding factor.

Has anyone stayed at this time of year? The weather forecast shows very high humidity and UV levels and I'm worried about being bitten to death by the mossies too.

Any reassurance would be gratefully recieved!

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Seaview Hotel - is it really as bad as the reviews?

Yes they are. I always put one under my seat if we are eating outdoors at my sister in law's house or at the Shakespeare productions at San Anton Gardens

Chicago
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Seaview Hotel - is it really as bad as the reviews?

I'm from the US and have no clue what a "mozzie" is. What is it? I will be in Malta June 12.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Seaview Hotel - is it really as bad as the reviews?

it`s a mosquito

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Seaview Hotel - is it really as bad as the reviews?

Thanks everyone for your advice. As regards mossies I only got bitten on the first and last nights, which I think is a combination of luck and body sprays!

As regards my original question, yes, the Seaview Hotel really is as bad as it's reviews. The beds were crap, lumpy pillows, small rooms, shallow balconies, incipid food, small pool, etc, etc. However, as previous reviews have mentions, the staff were great, really friendly and helpful.

I absoluetley would not return to this hotel, or to Malta for that fact as whilst the Maltese are friendly people, the island itself is not very pretty (apart from Mdina and Valetta) and to me seemed bereft of character and charm.

That is however, only my opinion, and I consider my visit there to be a learning curve of where not to go again!

cheers,

Dom

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Seaview Hotel - is it really as bad as the reviews?

Sorry, me again, I forgot to mention the pensioners. Malta is full of them. In fact there was very little evidence of any other age group wherever I looked all over the island. Bless em, I'll be one in due course, and if you're going through a mid-life crisis and need to feel younger - this is the place for you. Other than that, avoid like the plague!

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Seaview Hotel - is it really as bad as the reviews?

Sorry you felt this way about your holiday in Malta. It is the sort of place you either love or hate I'm afraid. It is a small island with a large population per square metre so is bound to have a lot of apartments and souless buildings but amongst all that there is a lot of history, fantastic places to go to, lots to do.

The Maltese people are very friendly and will go out of their way to help you. This time of the year the tourists will be older people as all the younger ones are busy with exams. All the younger people in Malta are also busy with exams.

Bugibba and Qawra are holiday resorts and it is early in the season for that yet hence again only the older generation.

Valletta and Mdina are gems as is Gozo, all the heritage sites and places like the Blue Grotto, Marsaxlokk and more. Maybe you would have been better off staying in Valletta.

Penzance, United...
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Seaview Hotel - is it really as bad as the reviews?

Hi Dom

Re Malta being bereft of character and charm - I guess it is a good job we are all different - Perhaps your accommodation choice and location didn't put you in the best frame of mind to give Malta a fair go...

What did you actually do on your holiday? And where did you visit (Apart from Mdina and Valetta)? It sounds like you didn't get off the beaten track and see Malta away from the built up area's.

Re the olds; we go in November when the place is full of them, but always find them to be so kind, patient, interesting to talk to, and if they are 'returning olds' a wealth of information of what to see / avoid in the locality...

So sorry you did not enjoy your holiday, but perhaps more 'TA homework' would have made it enjoyable - We are as friendly and helpful as the holidaying olds we have come across!!!

Regards Trisha

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Seaview Hotel - is it really as bad as the reviews?

Dominealing - I am sure the unhappy experience with your hotel soured your holiday in general.

There are obviously things to crtitise in Malta but honestly sometimes I feel there is too much `character`.

It`s a pity you didn`t find any charm in places like Gozo, Marsalxlokk, Birgu/Vittoriosa and the Palazzi open to the public. The Garden at Palazzo Pariso in Naxxar and San Anton in Attard.

Maybe you were lonely travelling alone - again Sorry.

19. Re: Seaview Hotel - is it really as bad as the reviews?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations