We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bakeries near san lawrenc on gozo

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
bakeries near san lawrenc on gozo

hi we are staying at San Lawrenc on Gozo in june for 8 weeks can any one tell me where I can buy Maltese bread and Maltese wine from neat to there and also the best restaurants near there thanks

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bakeries near san lawrenc on gozo

The best mini-market by far goes by the name of 'Lighthouse' and is situated close to the craft village on the Victoria side of St Lorenz - you will be able to get fresh bread and some good wines from there.

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bakeries near san lawrenc on gozo

There are also three ok eateries within walking distance, the best of which is situated in the main square, to the right hand side when looking at the front of the church. The other two are situated either side of the road junction about 5 minutes walk passed the Lighthouse mini-market.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember the names of any of these establishments.

Edited: 8:54 am, February 15, 2013
Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bakeries near san lawrenc on gozo

thanks for that Shembo

Edited: 6:43 am, February 19, 2013
uk
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bakeries near san lawrenc on gozo

there is a small shop on the village square they sell most of your day to day needs , also a few kinds of bread from different bakersj

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bakeries near san lawrenc on gozo

thanks for info are there any bars in San Lawrenc

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bakeries near san lawrenc on gozo

I came across one only that was fronted onto the main square - the only other that I am aware of is situated within the 'craft centre'. However, others that are more acquainted with St Lawrenz may be able to advise further.

The area is quiet to say the least, and if that is what you are looking for you have chosen well.

The Kempinski Hotel boasts three restaurants and a couple of bars and in my opinion is certainly the best Hotel on Gozo.

Dwejra is a short drive or decent walk away and has a couple of beach bars and eateries bordering the car park - this area is a 'must see' for the Azure Window, inland sea etc.

7. Re: bakeries near san lawrenc on gozo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. Paul's Bay