We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from St Paul to Valletta

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
134 reviews
Transport from St Paul to Valletta

Hello all,

I am planning to stay at Dolmen Resort Hotel, need information about transportation to Valletta area. How frequent are the buses? How much does it cost? How long does it take? How much does it cost by taxi?

Thank you

Karlina

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,938 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Transport from St Paul to Valletta

Hi.

The Dolmen Hotel is right next to the bus station ---- about 100 metres.

Up until July of this year ( when the whole system changes ) there is a bus to Valletta every 7 minutes in the morning.

Bus numbers 49 ,58 and 59 will take you to Valletta bus station in about 45 to 50 minutes depending upon traffic.

The cost is 54 cents ( one way )

Also a slightly more direct bus --- number 449 leaves at 10.30 , takes about 15 minutes less and costs 1.16 euros.

It is an excellent, if somewhat bumpy service.

After July a new company is taking over so I can not yet tell you of the service.

A taxi will cost about 20 euros each way.

Hope this is a help.

Enjoy your stay.

Graham

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
134 reviews
2. Re: Transport from St Paul to Valletta

Thank you very much for the information, Graham :)

I have a very clear idea about the transportation.

I am planning to stay there next month.

Karlina

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
3. Re: Transport from St Paul to Valletta

Ah yes, the famous buses and infamous drivers.

You really have to experience these relics of a bygone age, and their clapped buses.

BTW, buses don't run late, so don't count on a bus after 9pm. Last night that meant a pre-booked taxi for me after a concert in Valletta. €18 from Marvic, which I thought was reasonable.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
134 reviews
4. Re: Transport from St Paul to Valletta

Thank you, Mark :)

5. Re: Transport from St Paul to Valletta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:46 am, February 07, 2012
Get answers to your questions about St. Paul's Bay
Recent Conversations