We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malta in October

West London
3 posts
Save Topic
Malta in October

Hi. Im going to Malta in October for a week with my husband and travelling for the first time abroad with my daughter who is 19 months old. Not quite sure what the weather is going to be like and what clothes i need to pack for her, layers i guess, but some climate advice would be great. Thanks

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malta in October

Hi

Will try to help. Depends when in October you are going. Beginning of October is still pretty warm, end of October less so. Will always be a lot warmer than here. During the daytime, out in the sunshine, it will be warm and you can get away with summer clothes - t-shirts. In the evening it will get chillier so a cardigan or light jacket might be necessary. Skirts or shorts might be ok during the day, trousers at night.

Sun can still be pretty strong so make sure you take plenty of suncream especially for your daughter.

You could get some rain too in October and could be heavy at times.

Enjoy your holiday

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malta in October

High Low Sun Rain Humidity

Cent/F Cent/F Hrs mm %

Oct. 23.8/67 17.2/63 7.1 89.7 78

That`s the average, as Twirl said it will be quite a bit higher at the beginning and cooler at the end.

When schools start at the end of September, they start off with summer uniforms and change over to winter in mid November.

If you put October in the search box on top , you`ll find previous posts on the subject.

West London
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Malta in October

This was my first post. Thanks guys for all your advice. We're going on the 20th so are expecting it to be less warmer than theearlier on in the month, but are hoping it wll be warmer than here. We're staying in Qawra, St Paul's Bay. What particular attractions are recommended we should visit. Also, I read that its better to buy a weekly travel card (c£7, where would we get that from?

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malta in October

Hi

Definitely be warmer than here, no doubt about that. As for attractions to visit - must sees are Valletta (could spend a whole day there as there are also plenty of museums to see) - depends on what you like to do. Don't miss the view of the Grand Harbour from the Upper Barakka. Mdina, the old capital of Malta is a walled city and well worth a visit. You could also visit Rabat nearby at the same time - St Paul's Catacombs. Day trip to Gozo would be lovely too

Tell us what you like doing on holiday and we will suggest further things to do

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malta in October

Let me give you the sites I find most useful -

www.visitmalta.com – the official site. Click on views and downloads for video clips

www.supercities.eu – a super site made up entirely of video clips.

www.heartofmalta.com – lots of good info with video clips of hotels

www.starwebmalta.com – bars, restaurants etc listed according to locality

www.searchmalta.com - postcards and info

www.heritagemalta.org - details of museums and heritage sights

You can become a Heritage Malta member and enjoy free access to most of the sites and enjoy discounts at museum shops and other benefits.

heritagemalta.org/membership/membership.html

www.101malta.com – faq and good info

www.mymalta.com – a different kind of site

www.holidays-malta.com - subsidiary of Air Malta with good varied info

www.holiday-malta.com – a good side by Euro Resort

www.airmalta.com and www.maltairport.com will give up to date info

www.di-ve.com – a local general info portal

atp.com.mt – regular and direct bus schedules

choosemalta.com/en/about-malta/101-things-to…

www.chevron.co.uk – a lot of info also good calendar of events

www.gozo.gov.mt – the official site

As regards the bus tickets - you can get them from the ticket booths at Bus terminus or from the driver. But remember that the buses are very very cheap so if you will only be making a few trips each day they might not be worth it.

West London
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Malta in October

You guys are really really helpful. Its so refreshing to see there are kind people out there like yourselves. Its meant to be a relaxing holiday, but we are not ones to lie on the beach all day everyday. Yes ofcourse we will visit the soft sandy beaches in Mellieha(?) but we like to see the culture of places we visit. Its only right to see and taste what its like for the Maltese. We're there for 7 days so will probably spend most of it sightseeing.

7. Re: Malta in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, October 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St. Paul's Bay
Recent Conversations