We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have a date in Richmond - and need location advice

Palm Beach Gardens...
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
I have a date in Richmond - and need location advice

Hello all, I need your help on a relatively easy couple of questions. I am meeting a special lady for a date and need some advice on places to go and things to do in Richmond. I would like to spend 3-4 hours doing something fun in the city, and cap it off with dinner in a nice (and hopefully scenic) part of town that is safe for walking around. As for restaurant, I am just looking for something nice yet casual. Any ideas? Thank you in advance for your help!

Midlothian, VA
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I have a date in Richmond - and need location advice

If the weather is nice, I would suggest visiting one of Richmond's outdoor attractions: James River Park, Maymont Park or Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens. If you'd rather do something indoors I would suggest the Virginia Science museum. Normally I would suggest the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, however it is in the middle of a expansion project and only a fraction of the collection is on view.

As far as dinner and a walk, I would suggest a restaurant in either Carytown or the Fan.

Carytown is a collection of boutique stores along and restaurants an 8-10 block section of Cary Street and would make a nice place to stroll/window shop after dinner. There are at least 25 restaurants in the area. I would recommend Acacia, Amici, Thai Dinner II.

The Fan is defined as an approximately 1 square mile area bordered by Cary St. on the south, Boulevard on the west, Broad St on the north and VCU on the east. It consists of many turn of the century brownstones and houses. Monument Avenue has some particularly nice houses as well as the famous statues. Most of the restaurants in the Fan are on Main Street. But there are restaurants throughout the area. A few of my favorites are Bogarts, the Black Dog and Davis & Main.

Palm Beach Gardens...
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I have a date in Richmond - and need location advice

WOW!! THank you for the informative reply. You are a BIG help! Enjoy your winter, and stay warm!!

3. Re: I have a date in Richmond - and need location advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, August 23, 2009