We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend a good "stay and fly" hotel

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
220 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend a good "stay and fly" hotel

Looking for a place to stay the night before a flight out of Richmond. I haven't found many reasonable places but I also think I'm used to more options near Dulles which helps keep prices down. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,853 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend a good "stay and fly" hotel

Look in the Sandston area, next to RIC. We stayed at the Courtyard there, and it was good. Also check out some of the stay and fly options, which may help on parking fees.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
43 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone recommend a good "stay and fly" hotel

I work in Sandston a mere stone's throw away from the airport. Here's my run-down of the hotels within a few miles of RIC:

Do not stay at...

The Airport Inn

Motel 6

America's Best Value Inn

Econo Lodge

I've stayed at the Microtel after returning from London. It was not fancy at all. Very cheap, though. My review is here: tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

The better hotels in the area are:

Hilton Garden Inn

DoubleTree

Courtyard by Marriott

Best Western

Holiday Inn

Any others are going to be average. Depends on how much you want to pay.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone recommend a good "stay and fly" hotel

Thanks so much for the specifics! I appreciate it.

4. Re: Can anyone recommend a good "stay and fly" hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 02, 2015