We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fredericksburg to Richmond

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fredericksburg to Richmond

Hello:

I will be staying in Fredericksburg and plan on spending one full day in Richmond. What time should I leave in the morning? I've heard about traffic so I'm wondering if I should leave later, or earlier. I have several things I want to see in Richmond.

First, the Museum of the Confederacy and White House, the Virginia Capital/Capitol building, I've heard there's a Lincoln Walk (trying to find info on that), Monument Avenue, and Hollywood Cemetery. I'm into the Civil War history, hence my choices.

Is all of this possible in one day? I'm hoping with daylight savings going on, the sun will be out longer so I can hit the Monument Avenue last and still be able to see and appreciate the monuments.

And again, what time should I leave Richmond for Fredericksburg? I don't care how late.

Thanks for any/all replies,

jc

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
43 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Fredericksburg to Richmond

It's about a 20-30 minute walk between the two statues, depending on your gait and how much time you spend looking at them. It's a pretty pleasant way to end your day in Richmond, especially if you come during good weather!

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Fredericksburg to Richmond

Thank you ~ I am coming late September/early October. I plan on staying in Virginia first, and then heading to Gettysburg for the remainder of my trip. There are so many things I want to experience, but I have to be reasonable and choose wisely. I wish I had more time in Virginia ~ it looks so beautiful and it has so much history. In California, we don't have history :(

jc

13. Re: Fredericksburg to Richmond

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 17, 2015