We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local restaurant - walk from Quality Inn West End

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clinton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
82 posts
96 reviews
Local restaurant - walk from Quality Inn West End

We are looking for somewhere to walk from the Quality Inn West End. It will be daytime so hopefully crossing Broad would be doable (or not?).

There's Quaker Steak and Lube and Piccadilly, but I'm not familiar with them at all. Are they kid-friendly? Do they have okay food?

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
1. Re: Local restaurant - walk from Quality Inn West End

In that area, you're in the middle of a sea of chain restaurants. Piccadilly is a cafeteria and I do not recommend it. I've never tried Quaker Steak and Lube, but it looks like the same casual type of place it was in it earlier identities.

Crossing Broad St is difficult especially with kids, You must be at a light of course and traffic turning into you will be the issue.

There's a Friendly's a short walk west on your side of Broad, just past the Goodwill. Frankly, with kids, I would go there for lunch.

Clinton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
82 posts
96 reviews
2. Re: Local restaurant - walk from Quality Inn West End

Thank you, that's great info.

Bridgewater
Level Contributor
760 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Local restaurant - walk from Quality Inn West End

I don't know if you're still there, but I went to the Outback steak house across the street. It was excellent and the price for lobster and fillet mignon was reasonable. Comes with salad, bread, and a side dish, too. I drove and ordered take-out, but only because I had 2 dogs with me. Crossing in a car was really easy as the lights appear to be well coordinated, so I wouldn't hesitate to do it on foot. So good, that I went back a second night.

Edited: 1:28 pm, March 11, 2014
4. Re: Local restaurant - walk from Quality Inn West End

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 13, 2015