We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Brunch in Richmond, VA

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mechanicsburg, PA
Level Contributor
2 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday Brunch in Richmond, VA

My husband and I will be in Richmond and Williamsburg in October. It's been several years since we have been to Richmond, and 26 years since I lived there...Thalhimers and Miller and Rhoads were still around! We are looking forward to spending some time in the city and scoping out all the changes. The last time in Richmond we stayed at the Jefferson and had Sunday brunch there as well. Very enjoyable. We are looking for another place for Sunday brunch, and one that preferably has a buffet. We are more intereted in good foodrather than a fancy atmosphere. I recall Strawberry Street Cafe as having a good brunch, but it has been ages since I have been there. Any recommendations? We will be staying at the Omni.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Brunch in Richmond, VA

We enjoyed the Jefferson too. Have you seen your old favorite's site?:strawberrystreetcafe.com/about.html

Ah, tempus fugit. What a great store Thalhiemer's was. And the Miller and Rhodes' shoes!

Richmond has become quite the place for wonderful and international cuisine.

Don't know if they do brunch or not but you might give these places a call...or try them for another meal:

juleps.net/contact.htm

Zeus Gallery Cafe

201 N Belmont Ave

Richmond, VA 23221

(804) 359-3219

Escabar Restaurant

5806 Grove Ave

Richmond, VA 23226

(804) 288-4885

Richmond, VA
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Brunch in Richmond, VA

A nice alternative to the Jefferson that isn't as pricey is Bottega Bistro. It's not close to the Omni though, but is a buffet with an omlette station, french toast and waffle station, meat station, fruit and cheese, eggs, sausage, bacon, etc....

I was just at the Tobacco Company last weekend (across from Omni) and was disappointed in their new Sunday Brunch menu. It never was buffet, but it used to be more impressive than it is now.

I've also been extremely disappointed in the Strawberry Street Cafe lately.

Hands down the only place that compares to the Jefferson is Bottega.... just keep in mind that most everything pales to the Jefferson brunch anywhere.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Brunch in Richmond, VA

I miss Thalhimers, too! I have to agree with the post about Bottega. It has an awesome brunch but it is located off of huguenot Road in Chesterfield (northwest Chesterfield, not too far from the Chesterfield towne Center). Zeus is near the VA Museum. It is great but small, so call for reservations if you go there. We enjoy brunch at Millie's which is on Main past the Shockoe Bottom (closer to the Omni). They have a chic diner atomosphere with delicious food in an upscale style.

More info:

http://www.bottegabistro.com/

www.richmond.com/dining/listingdetail.aspx…

www.richmond.com/dining/listingdetail.aspx…

Mechanicsburg, PA
Level Contributor
2 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Brunch in Richmond, VA

Thanks all for the great suggestions. Looks as if we have some nice alternatives to the Jefferson.

RIchmond, VA
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Brunch in Richmond, VA

I have never considered food on a buffet good, so with that in mind you can go to Shoney's or someplace like that.

If you want good food, Millies has a gret brunch and is not expensive. It is a local hot spot for brunch and reservations are not accepted to arrive early. Can Can also does a brunch that is fun and then you can expereince all that carytown has to offer. Those are two ideas.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Richmond, Virginia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday Brunch in Richmond, VA

Try Bottega Bistro in Midlothian. It blows The Jefferson away.

Richmond, Va
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday Brunch in Richmond, VA

Hondo's in the West End of Richmond, near Innsbrook, has a great buffet brunch also. Nice place inside too.

http://www.hondosprime.com/brunch.htm

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday Brunch in Richmond, VA

Joe's Inn in Bon Air does a nice Sunday brunch that is casual if you are not interested in dressing up

Virginia
Level Contributor
54 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday Brunch in Richmond, VA

One more option might be The Berkeley Hotel, which has very nice food. I don't think they serve buffet, however. The Berkeley is diagonally across from The Omni. The Hard Shell is down the street and also has great seafood, I've had brunch there before and it was great, but again not buffet.

One new spot that I really like downtown (Broad and 1st, I believe) is "27".

For buffet, though, I think The Jefferson is fantastic. Bottega is quite good as well, just more of a drive.

10. Re: Sunday Brunch in Richmond, VA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 26, 2009